PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

BdaBoy
08-24-2006, 10:41 AM
Howdy from a new member! I have been lurking unregistered here for some time and found it to be a great source of info. I have been coming here for almost as long as I have been posting at DPReview, under the same name. I figured itís about time I signed up and joined in.
I started about 18months ago with the E-300 having never owned anything but P&S and became 100% addicted! Since then I have scoured the web and forums like this for every scrap of info I could find, much to the displeasure of my wife! Anyway it seems to have paid off as now I really am enjoying my hobby and feel I have a good understanding. I have recently purchased the 14-54 and the 50-200 and must say that it really shows. I do not regret the investment one bit, they are awesome.
I have a major family vacation planned soon so I will be gathering info for that soon, and looking to pick up an 11-22 before then thatís my future plans anyway.
I live in Bermuda, hence the name so if I can help anyone with any travel information, Iím your man. Check out my gallery for some pics from there.
Once again, thanks for making this great resource!

Gavin.

Bill Huber
08-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Living where you do I will have to say you can't post any shots....:evilgrin:

I looked over your galleries and all I can say is you are doing great for 18 months.

Welcome to this forum and I will be looking forward to seeing some of your images.

lkeeney
08-24-2006, 01:01 PM
My wife and I spent our honeymoon in Bermuda, and just spent our 40th wedding anniversary there as well. We both love Bermuda.

I also spent 3 years there on a research ship in the early 1960s.

Welcome aboard and let us see some more Bermuda shots.

Lawrence

Sharkey
08-24-2006, 03:17 PM
Welcome to this forum Bda.
Didn't join not long ago here also . As you say it's a great place for info. On top of that with there are some, if not all, great people here.

Btw I love that anchor shot in your landscape gallery

presspics
08-24-2006, 03:19 PM
Well, howdy to ya!
I wuz lurking for a bit here too before I decided to put my beliefs in motion!
I wish I had time to do an online gallery of stuff, but I'm so busy working, have fun with your cam and if ya ever need anything from Atlantic Canada, just give me a holler!

Bill

BdaBoy
08-24-2006, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the warm greeting from all of you! And the positive comments on my work! :smile:

Lawrence, when were you here last? What do you think of the changes in the last 40years?

Sharkey, thanks, that anchor is from no-doubt one of the many shipwrecks around that someone dragged up!

Presspics, the online gallery is really worth the effort, not only for showing of your work to friends/family etc. I find it even more useful for keeping track of my better work, I know it is all in one place and easy to reference/find.

AnnF
08-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Welcome. Your gallery is nicely done.

Ann

lkeeney
08-25-2006, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the warm greeting from all of you! And the positive comments on my work! :smile:

Lawrence, when were you here last? What do you think of the changes in the last 40years?

Sharkey, thanks, that anchor is from no-doubt one of the many shipwrecks around that someone dragged up!

Presspics, the online gallery is really worth the effort, not only for showing of your work to friends/family etc. I find it even more useful for keeping track of my better work, I know it is all in one place and easy to reference/find.

We were in Bermuda just about a year ago.

It is hard for me to discuss changes as I live in Las Vegas, the most changing city in the world, I believe. I did not notice much change in the 40 years. Maybe the pace seemed slower this time, or maybe it is just because we are 40 years older now. :D

It is still very clean and beautiful, as I had remembered it.

Lawrence

BdaBoy
08-25-2006, 01:44 PM
Thanks Ann!

Lawrence, I guess you have a point, coming from Vegas! Very cool place, been twice can't wait to get back! :cool:

Gavin.

AnnF
08-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Gavin, we have a photo contest every month. Don't forget to check it out in the monthly contest forum. You might have something to contribute.:smile:

Ann

BdaBoy
08-26-2006, 05:25 AM
Thanks Ann, I have had a look at July and August and there is some amazing work there, I will certainly consider September's and future months. I also do a similar contest for my local camera club so hopefully I can come up with entries for both.

Thanks again!
Gavin.