PDA

View Full Version : Hi

cuxton
09-05-2006, 04:58 AM
I am Dave H from a village in Kent UK, my login name gives away the village.
I am 62, retired servicemann now a caretaker of our local schools. I have had Oly stuff since the OM 1 came out, now have an E1, E330, 14-54, 50-200 FL50 and other bits and bobs.
I like landscape and wildlife photography. I am trying to get to grips with close up/macro photography, waiting for the Sigma macro lenses to be released.
I love taking photos but not keen on editing on the computer or printing. I really must get to grips with that.
I used to do wedding photography many years ago, I really enjoyed the rapport between bride, groom, guests and myself, loved making folk at home and looking good, but left the mounting of prints to my wife, boring!:-) Mounting, not my wife!!

I am looking forward to a bit more interaction on this forum, I belong to another one that some of you are familiar with, and also a yahoo group for oly users.

Cheers, Dave H

Bill Huber
09-05-2006, 12:38 PM
Welcome and I also am waiting for the new macro.

The 50mm is a very good lens but I would would like to have the read of the 105.

AnnF
09-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Welcome, Dave.

I didn't know Yahoo had one, too.

We have a monthly contest each month, so be sure and check that out, too.:smile:

Ann

cuxton
09-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Hi AnnF.
I will check out our contests too.
Here is the yahoo page if anyone interested.
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MyOlympus/

Dave.

TomServoCA
09-07-2006, 09:26 AM
Welcome

I'm relatively new here as well. You'll find this to be a nice supportive place.