PDA

View Full Version : E500 proud new owner in Chattanooga, TN

DustyLee
09-09-2006, 08:47 PM
Hi everyone! I'm Carole, and I *finally* am the proud new owner of my first DSLR, an Olympus E500 with the 18-180 lens.

My previous cameras were a Canon point n shoot and Canon AE-1 (stolen) and AE-1program. They introduced me to the world of non-point n shoot - wow - so......much......fun!

However, 10 years later, I am still struggling with many of the concepts. There are several reasons, the most obvious being the lack of immediate feedback between what I thought I saw, and what the camera recorded. LOL The cost of film and developing didn't help either. *sigh*

The more I read, the more it became obvious that dSLR was the way for me. I've been skulking on Ebay for months and finally scored two weeks ago when I bought this camera "used".

I still don't know what I'm doing, but now I can just delete the truly awful shots, instead of paying to throw them away. Life is good.

I have some of the new shots posted on http://carolesclutter-newcamera0806.blogspot.com These were taken in strictly point n shoot mode, and have had minimal or no editing.

I was just over in the photo gallery, and dream of someday taking even one image that's as good as what I saw there. Incredible. I feel like a kindergardener in high school. :smile:

tspore
09-09-2006, 09:39 PM
Dont worry about the learning curve. It will get easier to understand as time goes on.

marlof
09-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Congratulations on your new camera, and welcome to FourThirdsPhoto. Getting to know your camera, and trying to get the max out of it is part of the fun, don't worry about that.

TomServoCA
09-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Welcome aboard.

Don't worry about the learning curve, that's part of the journey. And hey, we're all here to help and learn together...

AnnF
09-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Welcome, Carole. We also have a month contest in the other forum. Please check it out when you have time, if you like.:smile:

Ann