PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Ads....

tspore
11-08-2006, 12:04 AM
Can you guys see the amazon ads on the right side of the page? All day mine haven't been showing up in Safari, but they have in Fire Fox.

First Light
11-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Hi Tony,

My answer is mixed. They show up sometimes and don't show up at other times. For example, as I read this thread, none were visible. When I clicked on the "Reply" button and the "Reply to Thread" page appeard, two were visible. When I clicked on the "Submit Reply" button and returned to the thread, only one was visible. When I clicked on the "Edit" button to add this information, again only one was visible. Strange, huh?

First Light
11-08-2006, 01:04 AM
Hi again,

My previous comments are wrong but I left them to show how confusing it is. What is appearing and disappearing are other ads by various vendors like EastCoastPhoto, LowPriceDigital, Zales, etc. They are text ads that appear below the Google text ad.

What I see for Google is a single text link. Sometimes it says "Ads by Google" and sometimes it says "Ads by Goooooogle".

tspore
11-08-2006, 10:46 AM
Thanks FL,
Well...
This whole ad stuff, is really becoming an issue. I don't mind putting them up. Helps to pay for bandwidth, server costs. software upgrades. etc. But I want them to be reliable, and not too invasive.
Between the smugmug ad, Google ads, Amazon ads, and the financial supporters, we are breaking even. (Which is all I ever wanted for the site)
But I ned to look into this more and we will see, half of the stuff google puts up, is spam, at least that's what it looks like to me.
Amazon was at least useful stuff, that I would buy from them anyway.

Think tank, they send me a free bag from time to time, which is nice, and they are a start up company, so I don't charge them any thing for their ad.

I am trying out the plugin's site one, but I don't know how that one is working or not.
So I will look into this one more.
Thanks again.

R2elk
11-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Hi Tony,
By having the Google ads, it makes it seem like you are endorsing companies that you would never endorse. The specific one that I am noticing right now is BestPriceCameras. I hope no one tries to buy anything from them as they are not a reputable company.

TomServoCA
11-08-2006, 11:03 AM
All the time in Opera 9