PDA

View Full Version : Accessories Quantum Turbo Batteriers (compact & Turbo)

tspore
11-14-2006, 12:17 PM
I have used the quantum batteries for the last 2 years both compact, and turbo. I have never used the 2x2.
I originally bought a turbo for my FL-50, in reality the FL-50 was to slow to recycle during weddings, and this caused problems on missed shots.
Now I rarely miss a shot because of user error.
Quantum batteries are built for professional needs, they are expensive, and if you do not use them regularly, they are a waste of money. However if you shoot a lot with a flash you may be courious to use a professional battery.
On the FL-50 the Quantum battery attaches to the front slot of the flash. At times this cable can get in the way, but I doubt that I will ever shoot a wedding again without the Quantum battery.
I went with quantum over the Olympus version because when I first bought into the system, I figured that the quantum would be more versital, if either the system died, or I left it. Also I can use the quantum battery on Quantum flashes. (That will be another article later) In addition, for repairs, Many large camera stores are familar with quantum, where as they are not with the Olympus brand. The quantum battery when I bought it was nearly the same price as the Olympus version, maybe $40 less. When I priced everything out. So you may save a little bit of money.
I have no experience with other flash battery brands but they are out in the market, however, I don't think that I will try them over fear of destroying my FL-50.
Probably the only improvement that I would like to see is that they add the ability to attach the battery pack to the E-1 (or E-1 replacement) for more power to the camera.
IF you are looking for more juice for your camera, I would recommend that you look at Quantum over Olympus brand.
<iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=fourthirdspho-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=B00016R26I&fc1=000000&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifr" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe> <iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=fourthirdspho-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=B0009HL3JQ&fc1=000000&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifr" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>