PDA

View Full Version : Smugmug Contest Album

NZDI
05-16-2007, 01:34 AM
I don't know if anyone has noticed or not but, in the competition that has just closed I uploaded my entry to the smugmug album but the result was not as expected. The colour and contrast were different than my original image.

I compared my local copy with the uploaded version both viewed from within Fiorefox

My skin tones are very orange.

I guess that as part of the upload process they are doing more than resizing the image?

jebir
05-16-2007, 03:39 AM
Hi John,

I checked my entry and it is identical to the one I have on the computer. (I downloaded the Smugmug image and computed the difference within PaintShopPro and the result is an entirely black frame, (R,G,B)=(0,0,0) all over.)

Are you sure you uploaded the right image?

Cheers, Jens.

NZDI
05-16-2007, 04:22 AM
Jens,

I only had one version of this file.

I don't really know what has happened here?

Thanks for taking the time to check yours. I will try and get mine re-uploaded to the album and see how it goes.

tspore
05-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Were you in some odd Color space? I have never had any issues before.

NZDI
05-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Tony,

I think that you have just answered my question!

I will check the colour space later on tonight. I have been doing some googling and it appears that smugmug do a conversion to sRGB.

I suspect that I may have processed this image as Adobe RGB. I found a number of posts on other forums that suggest that this will be the issue.

If anyone is interested here is a bit of a write up on smugmug. Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to put a small note in the photo competition just to say that all images should be in sRGB?

http://www.smugmug.com/help/srgb-versus-adobe-rgb-1998

tspore
05-16-2007, 05:45 PM
Sorry what some take as granted others have no clue about. You are right I should add that note. For anything posted on the web it should be in sRGB.

Ham1
05-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Tony,

I think that you have just answered my question!

I will check the colour space later on tonight. I have been doing some googling and it appears that smugmug do a conversion to sRGB.

I suspect that I may have processed this image as Adobe RGB. I found a number of posts on other forums that suggest that this will be the issue.

If anyone is interested here is a bit of a write up on smugmug. Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to put a small note in the photo competition just to say that all images should be in sRGB?

http://www.smugmug.com/help/srgb-versus-adobe-rgb-1998

Hey John,

That was the exact page I was going to send to you. Sorry, Tony and I could have been more clear.

Let me know if you want to talk about any color space questions with SmugMug and I can put you in touch!

Thanks,
Markham

NrthrnHrse
07-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Where is the smugmug album for upload?

tspore
07-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Each month I add a new album with a link from the contest thread for people to put in there image if they like to that contest. The only thing to remember is that the image must have your name included in the notes, or else I will pull the image down.