PDA

View Full Version : Accessories Cullmann Piccolo De Luxe 3-D

jaeae
07-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Hi for u all, this is my very first post to here ;)

I was looking for an ultimate compact tripod for mainly macro photos and such, but most of the small tripods were just too big/heavy or plain bad one-dollar designs.. Until I found the Piccolo from a local small photo store for a reasonable price of 29 € (~39 dollars).

http://www.cullmann-foto.de/html/products/stative/einsteiger/Produkt_Detail_Seite/50004PiccolodeLuxe3-D.htm

It weighs just 185 grams (~0.4 lbs) and the height can be set between 10 and 30 cm (~4 to 12 inches). Construction is all-metal, with ball head. The legs can be locked to a certain angle by turning the ring above the leg joints. What this tripod has better than other similar ones, are the locking "pins" in the legs. They make it possible for the tripod to hold much more weight than other similar telescopic legged ones. Of course it is meant for quite light cameras only, and it should not be used at the lowest position when the legs are fully stretched (maybe with ultra-compacts it can)

Pros: size, weight, well built, not too expensive
Cons: being ultimately small, isn't really sturdy enough for bigger SLR:s, the legs will flex

jaeae
07-03-2007, 08:18 AM
Finally here's some pics, somehow I couldn't upload them yesterday :hmm:
As u can see, the piccolo is sturdy enough for the E-400, also for holding in upright position. Fits like a glove to my Lowepro Slingshot 100.. :D