PDA

View Full Version : July 07 Contest Winners

tspore
08-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Really the best showing ever of the community on our contest. We had so many great entries. It was a exciting month to see all the picture!

1st place - anwmn1
http://43photo.smugmug.com/photos/177379991-S.jpg
Photo #45*** Name: anwmn1********Title: Way outside! -Luc
no. 45 - Way Outside - anwmn1 – I like the simple colouration – helps give a sense of isolation - Mark
img#45 - anwmn1 - Way outside: I love the colours and the general feel of wideness/vastness of the environment. -Marco
#45 by aaron newmann.* I stopped and looked at this one several times.Very interesting. -Bill

2nd place - BdaBoy
http://43photo.smugmug.com/photos/173340192-S.jpg
#18 by BdaBoy: "Layers", An unusual view. The striking segmented colours together with the perspective makes this one one of the best. - Jens
#18 - "Layers" by Gavin Howarth (BdaBoy) - Nice scene captured from a unique aerial perspective. Great colour, good use of rule of thirds. The lone golfer by the sand trap is the clincher. - Bamm
- #18 BdaBoy "Layers". A wonderful blend of summery colours (I remember when that ocean colour was de-riguer at swimming pools and even houses). Shooting from aircraft is no mean feat and BdaBoy pulled this one off very nicely. -John

3rd Place Tie - JBailey
http://43photo.smugmug.com/photos/177255238-S.jpg
Photo #42** *Name:*JBailey********* Title: 1937 DeSoto -Luc
#42 JBailey "1937 DeSoto", A classic subject. The photographer has clearly opted for capturing the textured sky reflecting in the nice shapes. However, I also appreciate that there is much thought behind the composition in the photograph regarding the various bends and folds of the car. The lamp is the icing on the cake. - Jens

3rd Place Tie - llpoolj
http://43photo.smugmug.com/photos/178440194-S.jpg
#51 by Julie Poole and it’s a very, very close 2nd.* Actually I’d rate these as a tie. -Bill
#51 llpoolej "Untitled" Julie, what can I say. A wonderful composition of a father and daughter together. It has a three-dimensional feel to it akin to that from a Victorian "stereoscope" -John
llpoolj - man with girl on beach: I love the softness of it

Other Honorable mentions -

pix no 1 Shrinkpictures* good composition, good light and color - Richard

# 5 sog501 no title
- it is great the way the goats and the kids are walking down the play equipment. Very unique very well thought out. -Katie

#7 NXS-Nate - A vibrant B/W action shot. All what we need is a Billabong logo somewhere and we can sell 1 dollar tee-shirts for 45 bucks.

no 10 -British Summer – jdal – I know these summers! – but I like the layering of the clouds, and the way the sunlight has been caught between. Also the emphasis on the clouds, rather than the land. -Mark

Photo 19: Sound of the Great outdoors by ZuikoGuy
A lovely high key photo! - Henk

photo #25* gregmacg - City Lights - Nice urban one -Seppo
#25 - "City Lights" by gregmacg - Fine exposure. The light refelctions on the water really make this shot for me. Only suggestion would be to crop/clone out the foliage creeping into the bottom left corner of the frame - Bamm

no. 31 - Inbetween thunder storms – Henk Peter. *A combination of the above two* - simple colours, emphasis on the sky, sort of throws you outside. -Mark

#33 by deevee: "300 steps into the fog", A very carefully composed image which is taken at the right time in the right light.* Flawless! - Jens

#35 photo_owl it's dangerous outside
This is a very memorable shot. I am sure this took some time. I believe it is thorns but it could be spikes on a caterpillar. The mystery keeps you guessing. - Katie
Photo 35: it's dangerous outside by photo_owl
I like the idea and the excellent execution, strong color. - Henk

Photo 38: try to capture the shadow image in the sunny evening... by chiqnot.
I love the spontaneity of this shot. -Henk

#41 SyntaxErr0r - A great crowd shot with the little girl playing the camera and reflecting the little boy further back. -John

Pix no 43 Miatared* great lines, and contrast in feeling between foreground and background - Richard
img#43 - miatared - Punta Cana beach: this image is saying "it's summer, let's go outside". Nice colours, great composition. -Marco

#50 - "Summer Freshness" by Kanji - Gorgeous colour captured in an interesting composition. I'd love to see this printed large on canvas. - Bamm
img#50 - kanji - Summer Freshness: title and image say it all. lovely colours

Pix 52 Mr Ilpoolej strong risky composition that works - Richard

Photo #55*** Name: cosmonaut**** Title: over a roof -Luc

photo #59 Tyson - Great summerish and warm feeling in this one. -Seppo

# 61 markk99 from the inside
- it is a creative shot. I liked how he used the door to frame his picture. It has some great colors - Katie

img#63 - windsprite - frisbee dog: great action shot, great depth of field, captured the moment very well. - Marco
* #63 by windsprite. These three are so close in my opinion that all 3 deserve 1st place. -Bill

photo # 65 cifcap - German landscape - a composition with 3d* feel. -Seppo

cifcap
08-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Congratulations Aaron,

Your photo, like all of the others, inspires me.

JW

odklizec
08-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Congratulations all! This contest was full of excellent photos! Well done!

windsprite
08-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Congratulations to the winners. Aaron's was my personal pick for #1 as well. There were so many great images this month, I don't envy the judges.

Thanks to Marco and Bill for your votes on my image.

assafx
08-04-2007, 03:11 AM
Congratulations !
that was a wonderful contest and i really enjoyed all the great shots in it.

Assaf

photo_owl
08-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Great image capture Aaron - well done

Thanks to everyone who took the time to post - it was wonderfull to look through them all

Ox Online
08-07-2007, 02:48 PM
How do you choose between them? Well done everyone.

mistermike
08-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Congratulations to the winners! All were very deserving, but numero uno has the WOW factor!

anwmn1
08-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Thank you all for the kind words on my photo!! I have been enjoying my prize and hope it will help me with future shots.

Congrats to the other winners and everyone that entered. There were some really great shots and I am honored to have won.

marcof
08-21-2007, 04:29 AM
I received a reply from Olympus Europe (who donated the Studio 2 license):

thanks for the info and my congratulations to Aaron and all other participants for taking great shots.