PDA

View Full Version : Just joined up... can I still enter the competitions?

theMusicMan
09-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Hi All

I have only recently joined up and am wondering if it is OK for me to enter the monthly competitions running on here...?

Not sure if I have anything worth adding to the 1st part of Sept comp, but I do have one to add to the 2nd part 16-30th if that's OK.

Is this permitted or should I have been a member from the start of the year?

Thanks all...

tspore
09-09-2007, 12:52 PM
that will be fine.
Welcome to the site.
It does make some people unhappy about those who just show up for a competition, but really we haven't placed any rules against new people posting in the contest. (Its on the list for next year at some point, maybe.....)

theMusicMan
09-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the reply Tony. I am sure I will be adding other stuff around here and hopefully - though new to DSLR - will be able to contribute to several threads too.

AnnF
09-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Welcome, theMusicMan.:smile: Please, don't forget to read the rules of the contest. Thanks.

Ann

theMusicMan
09-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Sure Ann - will do. I am so very new to all of this DSLY malarkey, I don't have an entry for 1-16th Sept, but I do have one I can submit that I took while on a business trip to Sweden last week for the B&W category from 16-30th Sept.

I am currently in Dubai on business so there might be an opportunity for me to get a long exposure one - but as I don't have my tripod with me - this might be a little shaky :):)