PDA

View Full Version : Idea for last contest in 2007

NrthrnHrse
09-19-2007, 11:08 AM
I had an idea and thought I would throw it out there.

I know that the idea for these contests is to shoot for the assignment etc but maybe we could consider have the "best of 2007" for one assignment and let everyone upload what they think is their very best photo that they took in 2007?

It would be a great way to see the photos that might not fit in a set category.

Bojan Volcansek
09-19-2007, 12:15 PM
I think this is really great idea!

Yours Bojan

stumac1985
10-02-2007, 07:06 AM
As much as I think its a great idea, I would hate to have to pick one of my pictures as the best I have taken all year! I have many photos I have taken this year that I adore, and hopefully many more will follow before the year is out. I dont think I could pick one as my best. Also like the idea of shooting especially for the competition as it takes all your skill and ability to shoot what you are being told to shoot.

NrthrnHrse
10-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Wouldn't that make this the biggest challenge of all then? :)

matthew
10-02-2007, 11:45 AM
I know that the idea for these contests is to shoot for the assignment etc but maybe we could consider have the "best of 2007" for one assignment and let everyone upload what they think is their very best photo that they took in 2007?

There's nothing stopping anyone who wants to from starting a "Best Of" thread independent of the official contests. All that a contest would do is give a judging structure, which may not really suit the idea of everyone sharing their best/favourite image independent of whether it would be 'judged well'.