PDA

View Full Version : PMA Canada 2007, Part 2

craig
09-26-2007, 09:46 PM
By Garry Frankel

For FourthirdsPhoto.com

After gathering our badges, Bojan, Bill, and I finally enter into the big hall that is the exhibit part of the convention. Not far inside the entrance there is a very large, very bright booth with the Olympus logos showing all over the place. We had arrived.

http://43photo.smugmug.com/photos/200927809-L.jpg

Read more here. (http://fourthirdsphoto.com/blog/?p=70)

tspore
09-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Great Series of reports Garry!!! Thanks for posting this.

TomServoCA
09-27-2007, 06:23 AM
I'd really like to "Read More Here" but the link only goes to a jpg...

Garry Frankel
09-27-2007, 06:43 AM
If you click in from the bottom left on the home page it works fine.

Perhaps Tony can fix it up from the Blog page.

Bill Gordon
09-27-2007, 06:58 AM
Ocober 17th Ocober 17th October 17th Octtober 17th Oooccctttooobbbeer 17777th!!!
Garry Indiana Garry Indiana oh wot a wunnerful joby U did for us!! How U wood have enjoyed our visit with Steve and Cora.......drinking up in the stars of the Panorama room viewing that great city called Torona with a magnificent view of the downtown the Island and New York State!!!!

I personally look forward to more events like this one!

Poor Garry lost in the wilderness!!

Henk Peter
09-27-2007, 07:27 AM
I'd really like to "Read More Here" but the link only goes to a jpg...

The link is fixed now, enjoy Garry's poetry:smile:

assafx
09-27-2007, 07:32 AM
just as wonderful as the first...hahaha
Thanks Garry.

Assaf

Rob Bye
09-27-2007, 07:50 AM
Great report Garry! You and your gang of Canadian Oly users cetainly seem to have had quite a good time. If you do it again, perhaps this ex-Olympus user can tag along... ;)

Hokuto
09-27-2007, 09:04 AM
great story! I'm also holding my (bated) breath as I mumble something about next month . . .zzz :dontknow:

Henk Peter
09-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Thank you Garry for the great report and images, I enjoyed both very much.

Garry Frankel
09-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Thanks to all for your kind remarks, and to Bill for his "capture" of this sometimes photographer.

Rob, you know I am not a brand snob (after all I go out after dark with Geoff !!!). And I look forward to getting out in the freezing cold with you at some point this winter to see how your new gear does on hurtling sleds.

I have to say though, that I have never been so humiliated as I was at the Nikon booth. I hope that as a customer they treat you better than they treated me. I only stopped in to see what I could about the D300 and to see if I could touch and maybe photograph one for you !!! Hell will have to freeze over before I ever give that company another dime of my $$.

Rob Bye
09-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Rob, you know I am not a brand snob
I can certainly attest to that! Having used Minolta, Canon, Olympus, and now Nikon systems, I have to admit I'm not fussy about which brand I use either. ;)

I have to say though, that I have never been so humiliated as I was at the Nikon booth. I hope that as a customer they treat you better than they treated me. I only stopped in to see what I could about the D300 and to see if I could touch and maybe photograph one for you !!! Hell will have to freeze over before I ever give that company another dime of my $$.
Hey, thanks for thinking about me. Like all Nikon users, I'm Dying to get my hands on the D3 and the D300. :evilgrin:

So far, my dealings with Nikon have been entirely possitive. I'm sorry to hear they dropped the ball with you. It seems very out of character for them. :confused: