PDA

View Full Version : Computer & Related Equipment LG Flatron L225WT 22" LCD TFT Monitor

carman
10-01-2007, 01:29 PM
I have just replaced my Sony 20" CRT with this model.

Setup

Faultlessly simple. The Monitor comes with DVI and D-Sub cables. I have used the DVI cable. Because the monitor is Widescreen I needed to install the drivers to give the 1650x1080 resulution needed to fill the screen satisfactorily. The driver Cd also had Colour managment software which works very well. There are no built in speakers.

Display

Default settings are very bright and the Brighness and contrast needed reducing to 50% for easy viewing. The contrast range at 3000:1 is very high for an LCD. The built in colour management works very well but does not produce an ICC profile. I downloaded Quickgamma free to create the profile. A default profile is no the Cd but I found it not close for colour. The display is flicker free.

Colour

There is some colour variation with angle of view but this does not seem to be an issue under normal use. Photo editing is a static activity.

Pros

Very easy to set up.
Clear bright display, very sharp.
Large screen but takes less desk space than a 20"CRT. I am amazed it doesn't overwhelm my desk.
Software like PSE and Lightroom fit wonderfully into the Widescreen format.
3 year warranty.

Cons

Colour variation with viewing angle. This is a general problems with LCD monitors not specific to this model.
It takes a little time to tweak the monitor to suit peersonal settings.

Recommended. There are several variations of the model the most commonly offered is the L226WT or WTQ some variations have built in speakers.

carman
11-13-2007, 03:36 PM
I have just replaced my Sony 20" CRT with this model.

Setup

Faultlessly simple. The Monitor comes with DVI and D-Sub cables. I have used the DVI cable. Because the monitor is Widescreen I needed to install the drivers to give the 1650x1080 resulution needed to fill the screen satisfactorily. The driver Cd also had Colour managment software which works very well. There are no built in speakers.

Display

Default settings are very bright and the Brighness and contrast needed reducing to 50% for easy viewing. The contrast range at 3000:1 is very high for an LCD. The built in colour management works very well but does not produce an ICC profile. I downloaded Quickgamma free to create the profile. A default profile is no the Cd but I found it not close for colour. The display is flicker free.

Colour

There is some colour variation with angle of view but this does not seem to be an issue under normal use. Photo editing is a static activity.

Pros

Very easy to set up.
Clear bright display, very sharp.
Large screen but takes less desk space than a 20"CRT. I am amazed it doesn't overwhelm my desk.
Software like PSE and Lightroom fit wonderfully into the Widescreen format.
3 year warranty.

Cons

Colour variation with viewing angle. This is a general problems with LCD monitors not specific to this model.
It takes a little time to tweak the monitor to suit peersonal settings.

Recommended. There are several variations of the model the most commonly offered is the L226WT or WTQ some variations have built in speakers.

After a couple of months I have now reduced the brightness setting to 25% and contrast to 60%, I get a full range of tones on all the test cards I can find. I have recalibrated my printer and prints now are very close to the screen.