PDA

View Full Version : Thread Prefix Suggestions:

tspore
11-23-2007, 05:06 PM
If you have any suggestions, and or additional categories (e.g. prefixes) please add them here.
Thanks
Tony

E B
11-24-2007, 02:22 PM
I have a great deal of difficulty with the thread prefixs. I like them and I like the idea, but the bold type really draws my eye and I have difficulty reading the topic titles as I scan down the page. I was thinking maybe a different type face for the thread prefixs might work a little better? Maybe an italic or maybe a larger or smaller type that isn't in bold face?

tspore
11-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Great comment. Let me try just to use Italics

E B
11-24-2007, 06:30 PM
For my eyes at least, that is a magnificent improvement. I can now look at either the titles or the prefixes and my eyes aren't torn in the other direction. A major improvement in readability for me.

Bojan Volcansek
11-25-2007, 08:46 AM
I agree with Bob, bold prefixes were really drawing attention too much.
Let me check how the change looks like.
OH YEAH, this is much, much, MUCH better.

Thank you Bob for great idea, and Tony for fast and good implementation

Yours Bojan

Gary_Berg
11-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Frankly, I find the thread prefixes distracting. Maybe it's a matter of getting used to them, but I usually find that the thread title gives me more information than the prefix, and yet the prefix comes first. So in my mind I'm being presented with less important information first...

I'm sure I'll get used to it...

rally
12-01-2007, 06:11 AM
A suggestion ?

I think the Prefixes could be made less noticeable and the Topic headings more readable if the Prefixes were padded out with a fixed length so that you effectively have two columns
The Topic headings would align and be much easier to read at a glance.

I do like the concept of thread prefixes and ability to sort on them at a later date.