PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Tip of the Week #37

lkeeney
01-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Text Centering

I had been using this Photoshop tip for the past week while designing some product labels for a local restaurant. I then see the tip presented in this week's PhotoshopTV video. I was going to change the tip, but I decided some of you may not watch this video, and I think this is a good tip.

This tip allows you to center, or left justify, right justify, etc., all within a selected area that you determine.

In the first image, I wanted the top three lines of text to be centered inside the black border.

1. I made a selection around the black border.
...Read more here. (http://www.fourthirdsphoto.com/blog/?p=125)

Bojan Volcansek
01-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Dear Lawrence,
I added the link in our TOC in Digital Darkroom, and then checked the post, wanted to move it to Photoshop category instead of uncategorized.

And then I had BIG problems with editor etc, your whole post was ruined etc. I think I managed to fix it, but if something is missing, or different formatting then what you have done, please SORRY, SORRY, SORRY...

Yours Bojan

lkeeney
01-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Dear Lawrence,
I added the link in our TOC in Digital Darkroom, and then checked the post, wanted to move it to Photoshop category instead of uncategorized.

And then I had BIG problems with editor etc, your whole post was ruined etc. I think I managed to fix it, but if something is missing, or different formatting then what you have done, please SORRY, SORRY, SORRY...

Yours Bojan

It looks good to me. Where should I be posting the tip to? I have been posting to Front Page News, where Tony suggested.

Lawrence

Bojan Volcansek
01-11-2008, 03:48 PM
It looks good to me. Where should I be posting the tip to? I have been posting to Front Page News, where Tony suggested.

Lawrence

Dear Lawrence, that is great that I didn't ruin it.
Front page news is good place, just when You are writing blog post, on the right hand side, you should have hierarchy of categories. For photoshop tips, please choose Photoshop category (just a check box), instead of uncategorized (default - I think it is top of category hierarchy).

Once more time, sorry.

Yours Bojan

lkeeney
01-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Bojan,

OK, I see the check box. I will try and remember this next time.

Lawrence