PDA

View Full Version : Accessories Tamrac Super-Pro 614 Bag

roger h
01-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Tamrac Super-Pro 614 bag (http://www.tamrac.com/614.htm)

Pros: Big. Unbelievably big. Huge.

Cons: Big. Unbelievably big. Huge

Price: List $479... Commonly available $359... purchased unused $175 shipped from private party

Other:

<table border="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="31%"><small><small> Internal Dimensions:</small></small></td> <td valign="top" width="67%"><small><small> 17 W x 9 D x 10 H (44 x 23 x 25 cm)</small></small></td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="31%"><small><small> External Dimensions:</small></small></td> <td valign="top" width="67%"><small><small> 24 W x 14 D x 11 H (61 x 36 x 29 cm)</small></small></td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="31%"><small><small> Weight:</small></small></td> <td valign="top" width="67%"><small><small> 7 lbs. 3 oz. (3260 g)</small></small></td></tr></tbody></table>
This bag fits whatever you have. Just remember, you still have to carry it when you're done loading it! I've had a LowePro Maxi-35 case for years now, and used to use it to shoot weddings. It was fine for consumer grade lenses; but I have the 35-100 f/2 and even my LowePro Trekker AW backpack couldn't accomodate the lens, two bodies, three other lenses, two FL-50r flashes, an FL-BK01 flash bracket & cables, and the SHV-01 battery pack. This bag takes it all, and has lots of space left, along with a spot for your laptop! As you can imagine though, it's not a bag you want to carry for long or far. It's for protecting and moving your gear from home to car to shooting venue, not walking in the park.

The fit, finish, and materials quality is what we've come to expect from the major bag manufacturers, no surprises. This bag isn't sexy, but it'll do it's job, and do it well.

Roger

MetilHed
01-31-2009, 12:19 PM
Nice review Roger. That is a HUGE bag. I can see myself growing into one of these someday. Unless I am hiking or doing a walk around I tend to be a "I want to bring everything I own + maybe the kitchen sink" shooter.

Hopefully once I'm ready I'll be able to find a nice price like you did.

Thanks,
Jeff