PDA

View Full Version : Digital darkroom Printing a single photo across multiple pages

Hokuto
11-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Has anyone made a composite "poster" by printing individual "sections" of a single photograph on smaller pieces of paper? Is there any software that will automate the process? I have Qimage but it doesn't seem to have that function, unless I've overlooked it.

OzRay
11-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Has anyone made a composite "poster" by printing individual "sections" of a single photograph on smaller pieces of paper? Is there any software that will automate the process? I have Qimage but it doesn't seem to have that function, unless I've overlooked it.

There are several ways to do it. You can sectionalise the photo in PS to make individual parts and then print these separately, or you can actually do it in Qimage by making the photo's original dimensions very large forcing Qimage to print on multiple sheets. This has inadvertantly happened to me when I've got the settings wrong and it's tried to print one photo across four sheets of A3. I can't remember exactly what I did wrong, but it can be done.

Cheers

Ray

Hokuto
11-13-2009, 12:05 AM
Yeah, thanks, Ray. I think I just figured it out. It's happened to me before, too, but I didn't realize that "mistake" could be used creatively. ;)

mronen
11-13-2009, 02:39 AM
In QImage, in Print Properties (bottom right), Custom | Special Sizes | Enter POSTER rows/cols.

Moshe

Hokuto
11-13-2009, 03:05 AM
Thanks, Moshe, I'll check that out as well.