Thread: help with E300 \"problem\"

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default help with E300 \"problem\"

Went shooting with dad today. I shot the Pentax DS he shot the E300. He had used the E300 once before on jpeg with good results. He isn\'t used to digital but he knows photography well ( uses OM 4ti with slide film). We were doing scenics with big round granite boulders against a blue sky. The boulders were front lit so it was a pretty easy exposure to get right. He was on av ( he shoots every camera that has it on av) and 100 iso. I kept hearing him mumbling about exposure so I showed him how to use exp comp. We finally compare notes and his shots according to the camera meter are 1.5-2 stops over exposed! He compensated to -2 and they look great. We come home and down load to the computer and his -2 shots are 2 stops dark on screen! I checked the screen brightness setting on the E300 and it is zeroed on the factory setting. What did he or the camera do to make it so different from camera lcd to computer screen? I thought of him accidentally locking in ae lock but then they should match on both screens. I don\'t know what else to check. WE are going out again tomorrow or the next day and I need to fix this. Sorry this is so long.
    thanks
    barondla

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re:help with E300 \"problem\"

Hi, maybe he put his finger/thumb on the \"OK\" button & stopped down without realising!

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Re:help with E300 \"problem\"

Next time images on the LCD monitor look overexposed, use the histogram to confirm it. If the histogram does not indicate overexposure, then perhaps the LCD monitor is simply being washed out by too much ambient light.

I find the LCD monitor of my E-1 is nearly useless in bright ambient light for judging the exposure of highlights. The LCD simply isn\'t bright enough and lacks sufficient contrast. I frequently have to rely on the histogram and highlights displays.
    Best regards, FL

Pursuing excellence...

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re:help with E300

First Light wrote:
    perhaps the LCD monitor is simply being washed out by too much ambient light.

I find the LCD monitor of my E-1 is nearly useless in bright ambient light for judging the exposure of highlights. The LCD simply isn\'t bright enough and lacks sufficient contrast.
    One of those times that I liked the EVF on my C-700! :silly: