Thread: About me

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default About me

I\'m a long - term Olympus user. I used to work Saturdays in a HiFi/Photo shop when I was in my teens and fell in love with the OM2. Eventually, I bought one and I used it for years. After many years, I gravitated towards my other hobbies - I still play in a band occasionally - but came back to photography when I went digital with an Olympus C40z.

I\'ve had my E1 about a year, and counting up it\'s actually the 7th Olympus camera I\'ve had - most of them I still own, though I can\'t see me using film ever again.

I shoot anything I find interesting, and I\'m still learning how to get the best out of the 50-200, which has to be one of the finest lenses ever.

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re:About me

Hi pj\"
    Im Len (pixelmaniaman), very pleased to meet you
    like you I have gone over to digital....but now and again I get the urge to use my R6.2...
    this is a great site, enjoy, L [img size=216]http://fourthirdsphoto.com/components/com_simpleboard/uploaded/images/a2639b10c4038662835a0719d583af7a.jpg[/img]

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Hi: nice picture.

I don\'t think I\'ll use film again, for a couple of reasons.

One is I can\'t be bothered to get it processed, the other is the ability to shoot a series of pictures, and/or bracket - only the pros could afford to do that before.

I\'m experimenting with shooting RAW at the moment, and even seeing the \"frames free\" go down to the 200\'s mark is a bit of a shock now!

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Pj_hobart you had my dream job! I worked at 2 audio stores and 3 camera stores but only once found a store that did both at the same time. We even sold OM 1&2 at that store along with electrostatic speakers, class A amps, and tube stuff. These hobbies are still with me.
    thanks
    barondla

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Ah, well if you\'re talking about dream jobs, I used to work for a brewery as their trade quality manager.
    For four years, I was paid to go round the pubs and check the quality of the beer. Part of my apprenticeship was six months training in tasting beer.

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Now that sounds like one heck of a job. Certain envy felt from here. You haven\'t perhaps worked within the whisky branch as well.
    Ken
    E1 +SHLD-2, ZD14-54, ZD 50-200, EX-25, VLA-1, Fl-36, B+W Käseman Circ Pol, B+W UV MRC, B+W ND2, Cokin ND grad, Gitzo 2220, Ballhead 1276 and LowePro Dry Zone Rover, Sandisk and Transcend CF cards, PS CS3, Olympus Viewer, MacPro + Cinema display

http://www.ephotozine.com/user.cfm?user=19806

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Sadly, we only sold beer

Although we used to do a nice drink which was a mixture of beer and orange wine, and I got to test that.