Thread: Ann, about me

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Real Name
    Ann

Default Ann, about me

I was interested in photography at around 12 or 13 years old. My father was always taking pictures with his old wind-up movie camera, Hasleblad-type camera & old Canon 35mm (which I got to use in high school photography class).
    I graduated to the OMG & OM1 about 26 years ago. I also had the Oly XA2 back then. It\'s packed away somewhere now.

When the digital cameras came out, I had the Kodak DC10 for awhile (boy we\'ve come a long way!).
    While back in GA I used to work under a private contractor for the USDA, traveling all over 2 states and I would take my old Olympus C2500L with me and took tons of pictures. I couldn\'t afford to upgrade for a long time and I was waiting for something to come out from Oly with detachable lenses.
    I finally upgraded to the E-1 last year and did a wedding a month later. The recipients were very happy with the results.

My husband of just 2 years was always supportive of my ventures. He had been a pressman for 33 years, so last year (before I got my E-1) we came out with new local post cards for the Capitola/Santa Cruz, Calif areas. They turned out very well and have been selling in some of the shops in the village. I\'m currently talking with the Santa Cruz Boardwalk office about selling photo greeting cards for several of their newest rides. My husband & I went down there some months ago and updated the shots with the E1.

My husband suddenly passed away 12 weeks ago while we were camping north of Auburn, CA. I sold off some of our things and moved up to Vacaville, CA and am staying with my folks for the time being.

I just returned from spending 4 weeks back in GA/SC with my girls and grandkids. It\'s hard to get motivated again, though. My husband was almost always at my side when he wasn\'t working and he was there when I took most of my newest photos. He was always proud of my accomplishments.

I created my web site, but not all photos were taken with the E-1:

http://www.scenicphotos4u.com

Ann
    [img size=383]http://fourthirdsphoto.com/components/com_simpleboard/uploaded/images/KentAnn01.JPG[/img]
    Appreciate what we have, instead of worrying about what we haven't. Enjoy what is, before it isn't.
    --------
    http://www.scenicphotos4u.smugmug.com
    Moderator/Photo Contests Forum

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re:Ann, about me

Good to see you back in circulation Ann.

Best wishes

Russell
    EP-1, 14-42mm, FL36, Macs, PSCS, Realviz Stitcher.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    Real Name
    Craig

Glad to see you back Ann!
    T

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Welcome back Ann.
    If you ever need a virtual ear or shoulder there are several around here you can use.
    David

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Real Name
    Ann

Thanks, guys. I\'m unpacking from the trip, and also need to unpack what I hauled up to my folks\'. Not in the mood, but I\'m sure I\'ll feel better once it\'s all done.

It got cold right before I left NC, and my daughter & I went to a place called Grandfather Mountain. It had rained and snowed the night before, so there was ice and snow up there and got some cool shots. Specially of a swinging bridge with ice all over it.

Anyway, it\'s nice to see the site is growing in popularity!

Ann
    Appreciate what we have, instead of worrying about what we haven't. Enjoy what is, before it isn't.
    --------

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Such a sad story about your Kent. I wish you strenght with that loss.
    I hope you will find back some motivation very soon.

You are talking in your signature line about 200 mm Sigma and 200 mm Zuiko, is that the zooms you are talking about ? Just a trivial question.

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Hi & Welcome,
    we all understand that sometimes words don\'t help, but time does heal.
    You certainly made an excellent choice in the E-1. I am sure that every photograph you take will
    be for you and your happier memories.
    LJ (pixelmaniaman)

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Real Name
    Ann

fotobram wrote:
    Such a sad story about your Kent. I wish you strenght with that loss.
    I hope you will find back some motivation very soon.

You are talking in your signature line about 200 mm Sigma and 200 mm Zuiko, is that the zooms you are talking about ? Just a trivial question.
    Thanks. I\'m just glad that I was with him in his final moments.

Yes, it\'s referring to the zooms. I\'ve been using the Sigma because I couldn\'t afford to get the Oly one at the time. I just ordered it last night, so it should be here within 10 days. I\'m anxiously awaiting!

Ann
    --------

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Welcome back Ann,
    our thoughts were and are with you...

My wife and I sang a liturgy (we are singing in a church choir) 2 weekends ago, and I dedicated our singing to you and your husband... It was really beautiful singing and I hope he heard us from the place nicer then when we are right now...

All the strength to you Ann,
    Sincerely yours
    Bojan

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Real Name
    Ann

Thank you, Bojan. That was thoughtful of you.

Ann
    --------