Thread: New Member Essex UK

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Smile New Member Essex UK

Hello everyone. I am a long time photo enthusiast like many of you here and I’m saving up to take the plunge and get my first Digital SLR. I have been an Oly fan for a long time now and my first proper camera was an OM1 way back in 73 I think, in my last year at school. I chose photography as my hobby activity and worked all summer to get enough money for an SLR. I moved up to an OM2 in 1980 and then to an OM4 in 84, and both are still going strong as are all the lens, and they have never let me down. Needless to say I will be investing in the E series when later this year I get the readies together. In the last 18 months I have been brushing up my skills as a photographer as I realised that I was very rusty, having been too busy and full of excuses not to get out and about to take photos, and also somewhat appalled at some of my recent efforts.

I thought of joining DP what’s its name but it’s gone completely mental over there recently, so I looked around saw some familiar names here, had a look and thought to myself, this looks friendly I think I’ll join in.

I do have a digital, an Oly C – 4000 zoom that can take quite amazing photos at times when the lighting is OK. I nearly took the plunge at Christmas with the E500 twin lens kit, but I got tempted by an OMZ 24 f2.8 on eBay. Then to compound it all I found an OMZ 21 f3.5 that I had been looking for all along and was temped again. Oh well I’m sure I’ll be forgiven.

My photographic subjects consist mainly of my family, aviation (my first passion) and animals. We bread cats and I occasionally get asked to photograph cats for other breeder’s websites. This as you can imagine can be a thankless task fraught with frustration, as some cats have built-in stealth radar when cameras come out, and I often end up with nothing useful. The C4000 has helped here as it is small and unobtrusive, yet often surprises me with the quality of its results. I now can’t wait to get my hands on an E series camera.

Peter Geany in sunny Essex

C 4000 zoom, OM2, OM4 OMZ 21 f3.5, 24 f2.8, 28 f3.5, 50 f1.8, 135 f3.5 200 f4 300 f4.5, 35/105 f3.5 zoom

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Smile Re: New Member Essex UK

Hi, I used to live in sunny Southend....now Seattle
    enjoy..L

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Default Re: New Member Essex UK

Welcome to the site. We look forward to seeing pictures from your passions, with your new camera.
    Tony

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Welcome

Another one from Europe, awesome

I'm down to see some pictures too.

Signed,
    Charlie

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Olympus must be getting pretty popular in England. Keep this up and soon you gents will outnumber the Canada crowd
    To find the answers - question them!