Thread: E-300 firmware request...

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default E-300 firmware request...

While we're discussing firmware, here's my wishlist for the E-300 in order from NEED to WANT:

First I wish the AEL button worked like it did on the C-700, tap once to engage, tap a second time to disengage, and hold for two seconds to lock for multiple shots. Years ago I lost partial use of my right thumb, and to have to hold that button down while trying to hang on to the camera is very painful, not to mention a lot of stress being put on that button (I don't even use it anymore because I'm worried about damaging it and the circuit board it's attached to, I just switch to manual mode, but I would like it updated).

Second, a "custom reset", just like the C-700...with the C-700 I had the ability to set a shutter speed, aperture, white balance, etc. that the camera would default to every time I turned it on...that way I knew without looking what that camera was set to, and looking at a scene I'd know which way I'd have to adjust the camera, and know there won't be a setting out of whack; with the E-300 first I have to see what the camera was last set to before I even think of taking a shot.

Third, some of the E-500's firmware features like the multi-colour histogram, using the IR remote for bulb mode, the yellow-blue adjustment for white balance, etc. (this is more of a frivoulous wish).

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Default Re: E-300 firmware request...

I would imagine that the first 2 are available... But I don't know about the third. I will talk to the PR guys, and see if they can get me into contact with the tech guys... But know that they do watch the site.
    Tony

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default lens firmware request...

Tspore, while you are at it bug them about a fix allowing more than 1 lens accessory to be used at the same time. We really should be able to use 2 extension tubes or a tube and a teleconverter at the same time. A serious oversight in a "professional" system.
    thanks
    barondla