Thread: Heeeelp!

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Heeeelp!

This is the first time I've ever bought anything off Ebay and now I have to pay for the item (E1 and grip), but I can't find how to do it. I've been scrutinising the My Ebay page for half an hour now try to find the 'Pay Now' button, but it does not exist. Does anyone have any idea as to what I have to do.

I also received an e-mail from Cameta Auctions and they say they don't accept payment through online merchants as they have their own merchant system. But they haven't sent me anything that advises how I should pay. All this is very confusing.

Cheers, I'm ready to scream!

Ray

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default Re: Heeeelp!

It should be written in their confirmation e-mail to you how to proceed with the deal.

Cheers, Jens
    Motto: Wildlife won't come to me unless I go to it.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    My Wildlife Photos: jensbirch.smugmug.com

E-5, E-3, E-510, IR-E-1 ,E-P2
    ZD: 7-14, 14-54, 50, 50-200 SWD, 90-250/2.8, 300/2.8, EC-14, EC-20
    Peleng 8mm fisheye, shift Tamron SP 17/3.5, Tokina AT-X 300/2.8
    FL-50R, FL-40, FL-20, HLD-2, HLD-4, cleaved ZD EX-25 w. electric bypass, 250D, 500D, KatzEye Plus OptiBrite
    Feisol CT-3472LV and CM-1471

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ray,
    I have used Cameta a few times before. I sent them international money order from the post office. After they clear the money order they will send you the item. At the post office you can have Western Union service too, but I have never used their services as Australian Post International Money Order was just fine with Cameta.
    George

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ray go to my.ebay.com.au and log in.
    Once the summary page loads up there is several options
    Scroll down the page till you see 'items i have won'
    the item should be there and across to the right is a button called make payment

follow the prompts from there

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Yes they accept major credit cards, but I am a bit wary of giving up the number through internet
    George

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I've had another look and there's no button that I can press to make a payment. I'm beginning to wonder if this has something to do with the way Cameta operates, as their e-mail said they have their own merchant system.

I've e-mailed Cameta, so I hope I'll get some clarification on how I can pay by credit card, which doesn't bother me as I've done it so many times now.

Cheers

Ray

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Why dont you post the link to the ebay auction, maybe we can see some detail you are missing.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

There's really no point posting a link, as it goes to my sign-in page. It's just that what seemingly is supposed to appear, does not. Hopefully Cameta can sort this out.

Cheers

Ray

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Ray, every vendor on ebay sets up their payment procedures differently. I think the earlier posters are right with Cameta that you have to pay them outside of ebay. Normally when you win an auction the email you receive notifying you that you have won contains payment information. If not, I think your approach-- emailing Cameta-- is the way to go. Let us know what happens.

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Hi Ray,

I just got the same deal from Cameta, they sent an acknowledgement/invoice email, which included a phone number to contact and pay with credit card (other options as well). Only fly in ointment was that their office hours are normal business times, EST US. So that might be a problem from Oz.

First time I had used eBay as well. I should have my new E-1 tomorrow!
    Pete

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Hi Ray,

Sorry to hear about the frustration. But you're right, Cameta does not use the eBay check-out system because they want to avoid the processing fees involved. This is perfectly legit but it is inconvenient—especially for international customers.

The key here is to receive an email from Cameta and to follow their instructions in it. They should provide a way for you to send them PayPal payment online.

Since you haven't received the email, your next step would be to contact them via email. Check the original eBay ad for their contact information. You should also make sure that you can receive their email. For example, their email may have already been sent and it may have been blocked by an overly-agressive anti-spam filter on your computer or at your ISP.

Many of their U.S. customers simply telephone them using their toll-free number and give them credit card info over the phone. This is the only way to get extra deals (for example, they can offer the extended two-year Olympus U.S. warranty for half price). However, the telephone may not be a good option because of your location and time zone. So I'd try emailing them. When you do, don't expect an immediate reply because they only reply during their business hours. However, you should receive a reply within 24 hours (except weekends).

I've done business with Cameta on several different occasions and they were always honest. But I never cared for their business-hours-only contact system. I don't mind them using their own check-out system (many eBay sellers do) but it should be a 24-hour/7-day/week automated system that accommodates both U.S. and international customers.

Nevertheless I keep going back because the money saved is often worth the tiny inconvenience.
    Best regards, FL

Pursuing excellence...

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default Me Too Ozy

I am going through the hoops with Cameta right now (probably on the same thing). It turns out that they also need to verify shipping info on your (our) credit cards for the security for both parties.

Sadly, they just advised me that the verification system they use can not verify non USA issued credit cards. So now they want to see a copy of a credit card statement before they will process my order (via fax or e-mail attachment).

It may well be easier for you to mail them a money order at this rate.

Good Luck.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Hi Ray
    I bought an E-1 from Cameta about a month ago - I finalised payment by going to this URL - https://secure.cametaauctions.com/ebay_pay/
    It was smooth and quick transaction for me, and arrived in Adelaide in less than a week.
    Best of luck
    Mike

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Excellent! I'll try that URL tonight, if Cameta hasn't replied to my e-mail with different information. I've got confirmation of the order, the order has been placed in a confirmed bond and it's just a matter of getting payment through. Looks like the URL is the way to go.

Cheers

Ray

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thumbs up Thanks Mike

That worked and now if the Oz dollar stays at the $0.74 level, or better for the next few days, then the total cost will be under AU$1000. At the $0.73 level it would be about AU$12 over.

Cheers

Ray

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re: Thanks Mike

Quote Originally Posted by OzRay
    That worked and now if the Oz dollar stays at the $0.74 level, or better for the next few days, then the total cost will be under AU$1000. At the $0.73 level it would be about AU$12 over.

Cheers

Ray
    ray if it goes over $1000 australian including the postage it might catch on the customs radar ... i got caught with some sheet music for my wife late 2002 or early 2003 ... the processing fee and gst still leave you a really good deal the forms you need to complete are pretty extreme ...

in fact when i phoned their help line i was told that they "couldn't help me with the form because it was too complex" ... it actually transpired that they are measured on the number of calls they deal with in a day and the time that they would need would blow out their performance ... they still helped but eventually gave me a direct number to phone so that it went outside their system .. the forms were on their internet site but the instruction book wasn't .. they eventually emailed me one of those

it might be worth looking at what you would need to do ... it might have changed (good luck) but the form was a "nature 10"

it would be a good idea to either have the information or get cameta to email you the invoice including the cost and the cost of postage separated out

regards

david
    David
    (Nightboss was one of my dogs)

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks David

Things seem to have changed over the last year or so, as the last time I bought stuff from the US the maximum limit was well under $1000. At the time, the freight forwarders checked everything in and paid what was required and then passed on the cost to me.

If the dollar drops in value before the gear is sent and invoiced, the same procedure will apply, but even then, I'm going to get a bargain. If the dollar holds, for a few days, I should have no worries.

The only thing that bumped up the price was the freight cost. Previously, this was part of the overall cost as far as Customs was concerned, but now I'm not so sure. If it's not, then even if the dollar drops, it'll be under the $1000 limit.

Cheers

Ray

Thanks
    Feedback Score

yes .. good luck with it ... you certainly get good deals ... i have recently got the ed50, ec14 and ex25 all sent in from the us (individually) and they all fell under the customs limit

i think it is $1000 for airmail but only $500 for shipping ... if you get nabbed it is only the gst and a (just on) $50 charge, plus if you are using a freightforwarder or customs agent their bit

i did it myself for the music (which was still about half the cost of getting it retail here) ....... that bloody form though ......

regards
    David
    (Nightboss was one of my dogs)