Thread: New member and supporter

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Cool new e330 owner /forum member

Hello everyone,

I'm Dorsey and recently retired, i found myself wanting a hobby to keep me busy. So i figured i would give photography a try. Well I've had an old olympus point & shoot D-510 3x 2.1 megapixel camera for several years now. Taking image shots with that d510 was really my first experience with digital photography.
    I decided on upgrading to a good oly digital camera. I checked around then laid eyes on the new e330 and wow!!! it's a beauty. I've looked at the cannon and nikon cameras and they just didn't suite my fancy or needs.
    I found this forum and have been getting some very good oly info. from here. In addtion to the e330, i've the oly 18-180mm,
    14-54mm, a recently aquired 50-200mm lens , F36 flash attachment, EX-25 extension tube,
    nikon 300mm AI f/4.5 mf attachable with a om AI 4/3 adapter for nikon. So far i'm shooting 95% of my images in RAW format. I use adobe CS2 and adobe bridge to sort through the shots
    Any hints suggestions welcomed

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default Re: New member and supporter

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you are keeping really busy in retirement. Be careful or you may find yourself out of retirement and into a second career (just ask Lawrence Keeney!)

Please post some pics. The E-330 seems like a great camera and I'm sure you'll be happy with it! You already have a great range of lenses so it looks like you are set!
    kerry
    OMD-EM10.2 |
    flickr site
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. --Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default Re: new e330 owner /forum member

Great to have you! Looking forward to seeing some of your E330 shots. Looks like you jumped in with both feet and picked up some nice gear

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Thanks,

I'm really learning as i go along, here are a few images i have taken. The Storks were taken at LA zoo with 18-180mm using a warm filter. The Flower was taken using the 14-54mm at 50mm focal length. I was testing different indoor lighting. I enhanced image a little using shadow/highlight in CS2. The fireworks was my first time using the NIGHT+PORTRAIT mode of the e330.
    Images taken in raw then converted to jpg, camera was hand held during shots.
    Comments welcome

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Real Name
    Ann

Welcome.

Interesting fireworks display! Good job.

Ann
    Appreciate what we have, instead of worrying about what we haven't. Enjoy what is, before it isn't.
    --------
    http://www.scenicphotos4u.smugmug.com
    Moderator/Photo Contests Forum