Thread: Would like feedback on website

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default Would like feedback on website

Hello,

I've just finished up my new website, and I'm trying to gather feedback on what's good or not before I start advertizing it. I'm not trying to sell you anything, just want some feedback

The URL is: www.artisticphoto.ca

All comments are welcome!

Luc
    Thank you Oly, it's been a good 5-year run!

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Re: Would like feedback on website

I think it looks really good, the site is not the fastest I have ever seen but I am behind a firewall that could be slowing things down.

It is very easy to get around and the site is laid out very nice and clean, not a lot if junk.

If there was one thing I would change it is the color of the selected link. Once you select a link to a gallery and then when you come back it is really hard to see the wording on the links you have looked at. Not a big thing at all......
    Feel free to make any comments on my images you like. If a friend can't tell a friend is images are bad, then who can.

My Pbase Galleries
    http://pbase.com/wlhuber

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Real Name
    John

Easy to navigate, easy to use.

Since you collect peoples personal information (for shipping and such) you may want to have a link to a privacy policy statement. It can't hurt and it does show that you value your customers' privacy.

I like your pictures. It's nice to see the ones of my old haunts in the Rockies. I spent a lot of time on the Banff-Jasper Parkway and the road to Radium when I was contracting for Parks Canada putting in an Avalanche Weather Tracking system. Lots of fun...

In my will I've asked to have my ashes scattered at Parkers' Ridge.
    John

-- Life is complex. It has real and imaginary parts

Smugmug

Blog

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Looks good and for me it loads fast. Killer photos also.

I would personally get a shopping cart (Tons of them free here http://www.hotscripts.com) that integrates with paypal and lets the customer stay on the website untill they are ready to check out.

Arek

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Nice site with nice pix. Easy to navigate though I did not try to exercise your order flow process.

I did notice some typos on your shipping and policies page as well as on 'thunderstruck' picture description page. There may be other typos but I did not check carefully.

Recommend you address those immediately as they detract from an otherwise prof looking site.

You may wish to make some statement or disclaimer regarding longevity of prints. I use canon dye based printers and cannot ethically sell prints without advising customers of longevity. Ilford and canon papers should hold up well over time, especially if framed and kept out of direct sunlight. Your choice of course.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Looks good. Nice pix. Good luck with it.

Eric

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

You also need a copyright accross the images. Anyone can save and upsample the images to make nice 8x10 prints with what you have.

Very nice looking site though.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Very nice and clean website. Well laid out. Some very nice photos on there. I agree with having your copyright on your photos or the word "sample" . It is very easy to take and print the photos from the website.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Some great photos there!

Take a few minutes to spell check every page - there are a lot of spelling errors/wrong words on the site.

The Current collections page is way too long - break it up into more pages.

Consider putting together a collage of your better photos and create a nice header image (aim for around 800 x 100 in size)

Put a copyright notice on the footer of every page - especially the ones with images on them.

Consider removing your email address - or at least do it as an image (stop those spam bots collecting your address...)

Think about putting a suitable image on all pages - just to break up the text a little bit - how prints are made page just looks a little bland - adding an image of around 200 x 200 and have it in the 2nd paragraph floating right would give the page more appeal.

The useability is great, but now go and give it that something extra that sets you apart from everyone else.

With a small amount of work, you should do ok with your site - it is easy to navigate
    About Bob

Daily Photoblog and Photography Blog

Need somewhere to host a photo - Free Image Hosting

E-3, HLD4, E300, HLD3, ZD11-22, ZD 14-45, ZD14-54, Sigma 30 f1.4, ZD35 Macro, ZD40-150(orig), ZD50-200, EC-14 and EX-25, fl-36.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

A couple of more comments

1) the view cart button does not match and looks out of place (esp. on the home page -- why would they view a cart if they are just visiting your site)

2) Make the links rollovers so the text (graphics) change as you mouse over them.

3) The menus change position from page to page -- it is nicers if everything stays aligned when you browse between pages.

4) I think you header (name) is a lttle large -- takes up a lot of screen real estate.

5) On conatct page, make your email a link

6) Under construction pages are a no-no -- ditch the page until you are ready with the content.

I do like the colors, fonts and overall style.

Good luck!