Thread: Wedding Season

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Wedding Season

Well people the wedding season has begun, for bookings . the most wanted date for wedding bookings is 07/07/07 for this year . they say for certain ethnic groups this is good luck ,so they say . bookings for us has been good . right now 07/28/07 has been the most sought after date for us . we had to turn a few couples away . we started a advertising program for us , at the end of the month ,the wedding show starts in our area. right now in wpg. the temp is -29 c with a windchill of -43.

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re: Wedding Season

Good luck to you this year. Personally, the thought of shooting weddings terrifies me and sends me screaming and running madly the other direction.

WW
    www.waninglight.com - my playground.
    I am crazy going slowly 54321 and switch....

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default Re: Wedding Season

I have to agree, 7/7/07 has been the day everyone wants and I had that date booked well over a year in advance and I have had to turn several people away.

What will be interesting is to see how many people will keep looking for someone who is available but end up have to change their date because everything is booked up. People are now starting to call trying to book Friday's and Sunday's because the rest of the Saturday's are booked.

Around here we get the people who book before the wedding show and the people who wait until after the wedding show. The rush can be a little intense after the wedding show when couples realize so many dates are already booked. I know photographers who already have 38 weddings booked for 2007 in Winnipeg. I am also doing very well by no where near 38 nor do I think I could manage 38 weddings with everything else thats going on! I also have a wedding booked for 2008. I am still shocked that people are planning ahead that much!

But with this cold snap that hit, it has me a little worried about my Jan. 27th wedding as we have several outdoor locations planned for the day! We have backups if the weather is bad but the couple really want outdoor shots. In the end we will manage.

You have to love weddings! No matter how much you plan you have to be able to think out of the box most times as there are so many factors going against your plans. I have never shot a wedding where things went as planned! Its part of the fun!

Kelly