Thread: fotodiox adapters for Contax and Nikon

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Angry fotodiox adapters for Contax and Nikon

Hi

I got these two adapters (some 27 dollars each) recently.
    Build quality is good, not as much as the Olympus MF1, much better than an eBay adapter I handled (don't know where that one came from).

MAJOR QUIBBLE: both adapters (contax and nikon) fit too tightly:

Contax: works fine on two lenses (one Yashica, one Contax), is extremely difficult to put on/remove from a Contax teleconverter.

Nikon: impossible to use on Tamron adaptall 2 adapters (which work fine on my FM2), fit so tightly on a 50mm f/1.8 AF lens that moving the aperture ring is next to impossible. In both cases, the problem is the adaptor comes in contact with the tabs the nikon lenses use to transmit aperture info to the camera.

Hugo

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re: fotodiox adapters for Contax and Nikon

Quote Originally Posted by Ugh View Post
    Hi

I got these two adapters (some 27 dollars each) recently.
    Build quality is good, not as much as the Olympus MF1, much better than an eBay adapter I handled (don't know where that one came from).

MAJOR QUIBBLE: both adapters (contax and nikon) fit too tightly:

Contax: works fine on two lenses (one Yashica, one Contax), is extremely difficult to put on/remove from a Contax teleconverter.

Nikon: impossible to use on Tamron adaptall 2 adapters (which work fine on my FM2), fit so tightly on a 50mm f/1.8 AF lens that moving the aperture ring is next to impossible. In both cases, the problem is the adaptor comes in contact with the tabs the nikon lenses use to transmit aperture info to the camera.

Hugo
    i had a similar problem with adapter for nikon lenses with nikkor 20mm/4, there was(is) a little pin on the lens that was a little too long and made difficult to put the adapter on the lens, so i used a nail file and filed just a little off the top of the pin until the adapter was able to fit on the lens
    my tools: Oly E-M5 + 45mm/1.8 + Oly E-520 + 12-60 + 14-42 + 70-300 + Sigma 105mm + ec-20 + FL-50R + large no. of MF lenses(like: Oly 90mm/2 macro, Oly 50mm/2 macro, Oly 500mm/8 reflex, Oly 55mm/1.2, Kiron 105mm/2.8, Nikkor 20mm/4 , Sigma 8mm fisheye, Soligor 135mm/2 and many others).