Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: What 4/3 system cameras do you shoot regularly?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In Beautiful So-Cal
    Posts
    6,791
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

    Default What 4/3 system cameras do you shoot regularly?

    How about I ask the question this way?
    So it doesn't count if you just have held the camera, or no longer own the camera. But only if you use it when shooting 25% or more of the time.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Inverness, Scotland
    Posts
    1,737
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

    Default Re: What 4/3 system cameras do you shoot regularly?

    L1 and E-330 - sadly my E-500 doesn't get much use at the moment although I lent it to a friend today so ihopefully it will be put to good use.

    John
    Olympus E-1, Olympus E-500, Olympus E-330, Olympus DMC-L1, Olympus E-510, Olympus E-3, 7-14mm,12-60mm, 14-42mm, 14-45mm, 14-50mm(Leica), 14-54MM, Sigma 30mm, 35-100mm, 40-150mm(Mk1), 50mm (macro), 50-200mm, 'Bigma' 50-500mm, EC-14, EC-20, FL-36, FL-50, HLD-4, Lowepro Rezo 140AW, Slingshot 100AW

    Panasonic GF1, GH1, 7-14mm, 14-140mm, 20mm F1.7, DMW-MA1 Nikon D700, 24-70mm F2.8, 50mm F1.4G, 70-200mm F2.8, Fuji F72EXR, Casio EX-FH100


    Though I fly through the valley of death I shall feel no fear, for I am at 80,000 feet and climbing

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default Re: What 4/3 system cameras do you shoot regularly?

    E-500 for me, bought a second body recently, as was getting fed up with having to switch between the very heavy 50-500 and the 14-45 lense when out field walking.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default Re: What 4/3 system cameras do you shoot regularly?

    I shoot with the ones I have (2 - E300's). Duh?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    2,337
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

    Default Re: What 4/3 system cameras do you shoot regularly?

    For me, by the numbers of shots, it is Leica Digilux 3, E-330 and then E-1 in that order.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,017
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

    Default Re: What 4/3 system cameras do you shoot regularly?

    I shoot with my E300 about 60% of the time. The other 40% I shoot with my Other E300.
    About Bob

    Daily Photoblog and Photography Blog

    Need somewhere to host a photo - Free Image Hosting

    E-3, HLD4, E300, HLD3, ZD11-22, ZD 14-45, ZD14-54, Sigma 30 f1.4, ZD35 Macro, ZD40-150(orig), ZD50-200, EC-14 and EX-25, fl-36.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Koninkrijk der Nederlanden
    Posts
    3,916
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Default Re: What 4/3 system cameras do you shoot regularly?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrinkpictures View Post
    I shoot with my E300 about 60% of the time. The other 40% I shoot with my Other E300.
    Regards,
    Henk
    ---------------------------------------
    photography is my passion
    you are invited to visit my gallery at http://mordisco.smugmug.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In Beautiful So-Cal
    Posts
    6,791
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

    Default Re: What 4/3 system cameras do you shoot regularly?

    LOL how funny.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Summit County, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    1,168
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

    Question Voting twice?

    Quote Originally Posted by tspore View Post
    How about I ask the question this way?
    So it doesn't count if you just have held the camera, or no longer own the camera. But only if you use it when shooting 25% or more of the time.
    I have two E-1 bodies. Do I get to vote twice?

    All of the photos I manage to make are captured with either of my E-1 bodies. All of the photos I miss would have been taken with an E-330.
    Regards,

    Jim Pilcher
    Summit County, Colorado, USA

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In Beautiful So-Cal
    Posts
    6,791
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

    Default Re: Voting twice?

    LOL - no.
    I'm not asking for the number of bodies you own, just which cameras do you shoo.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    3,649
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default Re: What 4/3 system cameras do you shoot regularly?

    Insufficient statistics to measure. I just got an E-1 and am still learning it, so I spend more time on it than my E-300 (two years old), but I do use the latter as well. Ask again in another six months. . . --oh yeah, by then, I'll have either a E-510 or P-1 and will be in the same learning situation

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tequesta, Florida
    Posts
    4,115
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Feedback Score
    63 (100%)

    Default Re: What 4/3 system cameras do you shoot regularly?

    While I voted in the poll a couple of days ago, I didn't comment at that time.
    I'm not surprised at the results thus far. While all of the 4/3 cameras are excellent, the E-1 has been around a "bit" longer than the rest and thus would have a larger user base.
    I am, however, surprised that the E-500 doesn't have a higher percentage of users.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,895
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default Re: What 4/3 system cameras do you shoot regularly?

    I really don't shoot 4/3 format but I do shoot most the time with my E-500 which i crop to at least a 2/3 ration or more. Shooting 24x36mm and 6X9cm in the old days makes 4/3 look to much like a Hasselbald photo :-)

    Now I am a heretic and will get banned from the group.

    oh, well.

    Clay

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Koninkrijk der Nederlanden
    Posts
    3,916
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Default Re: What 4/3 system cameras do you shoot regularly?

    Quote Originally Posted by cstirlingbartholomew View Post
    I really don't shoot 4/3 format but I do shoot most the time with my E-500 which i crop to at least a 2/3 ration or more. Shooting 24x36mm and 6X9cm in the old days makes 4/3 look to much like a Hasselbald photo :-)
    I wish my photo's looked like Hasselblad photo's

    You'll have to do better to get banned Clay
    Regards,
    Henk
    ---------------------------------------
    photography is my passion
    you are invited to visit my gallery at http://mordisco.smugmug.com

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    121
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Default Re: What 4/3 system cameras do you shoot regularly?

    I recently gave up my E1 in favor of the E500, when i had both cams it was about 70/30 in favor of the 500, i guess that marks me as a rank amatuer but i still like the E500 over the E1.
    "My circle of confusion is bigger than your circle of confusion"

Similar Threads

  1. TOP Ten cameras
    By matthew in forum Site Archive
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-14-2007, 12:45 PM
  2. 20 most desirable cameras
    By madmax40 in forum Site Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2007, 09:41 AM
  3. Live view on all E-system cameras
    By Hokuto in forum Site Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2007, 01:41 AM
  4. What do you do with your film cameras
    By 1bigdawg in forum Site Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-13-2006, 06:15 AM
  5. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-10-2006, 02:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •