Thread: May need help with 330 firmware update

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default May need help with 330 firmware update

The E-330 I ordered from Cameta on the 24th is sitting in the FedEx terminal to be delivered on Monday. The 330 I bought on Cameta's Ebay site said Body only. In case it does not have a battery and charger I bought these today but was not able to fund a USB cable to update the firmware in the event that the camera does not have the latest version.
    I also may not get the software- viewer or master that is required for a firmware update.
    I need to get the camera up and running quickly to I can practice using it with mt FL-36 before my son's Prom on Friday.
    Soooo- my request- Can anyone in the Toronto/ Pickering area loan me the software and USB cable for a few hours if the camera is indeed a body only?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Leo R

E-620, 14-42, 40-150

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Default Re: May need help with 330 firmware update

If you bought it from Cameta it comes with everything BUT the lens. I hope you can return all that extra stuff.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Yes I confirmed that I can return the battery and charger if I don't open them. I just wanted to be prepared in case the Camera did not have everything. The reason I started to think it was a camera body only was the picture on Ebay only showed the body with no accessories whereas another 330 on that site showed the E-330 box.

In any case I will know on Monday. Thanks for the reply.
    Leo R

E-620, 14-42, 40-150

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Reinhard View Post
    Yes I confirmed that I can return the battery and charger if I don't open them. I just wanted to be prepared in case the Camera did not have everything. The reason I started to think it was a camera body only was the picture on Ebay only showed the body with no accessories whereas another 330 on that site showed the E-330 box.

In any case I will know on Monday. Thanks for the reply.
    Leo, I got mine from Cameta, and it comes with everything except a lens. Also the Advanced Manual, which is a welcome change.
    Don

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Well the camera was delivered 10 minutes ago and included everthing except a lense. Battery is charging and I have to rush off to work before it is fully charged. I will take the manual to work and read up on upgrading firmware during lunch.
    I will download the firmware upgrade later tonight and then will probably do a few flash shots until I can't keep my eyes open

I feel like a little kid waiting to open presents on Christmas morning. Nice to feel young again.
    Leo R

E-620, 14-42, 40-150

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Reinhard View Post
    Well the camera was delivered 10 minutes ago and included everthing except a lense. Battery is charging and I have to rush off to work before it is fully charged. I will take the manual to work and read up on upgrading firmware during lunch.
    I will download the firmware upgrade later tonight and then will probably do a few flash shots until I can't keep my eyes open

I feel like a little kid waiting to open presents on Christmas morning. Nice to feel young again.
    Ah, to be young and in love again......
    Don