Thread: Beggars Belief!

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Beggars Belief!

I'm just waiting for files to process and was perusing the other side, when I came across something that I find beggars belief; however, in a way, it seems to define what often goes for discourse in forums nowadays. Notwithstanding, it makes me wonder what on earth is going through (or not) the mind of the poster and does the same logic pervade their everyday life (I do hope that they aren't in charge of dangerous machinery).

This was the question posed:

Does anyone use Capture One Pro for processing Nikon NEF files. What is the general consensus? Is it better than NC or NX ? Thanks for all advice.
    This was the first response to that question (the bold is my emphasis):

Although I have capture One on my computer I have never used it with Nikon RAW files. I believe that it works best with Canon raw files and phase One backs and probably other backs as well. This is just one reason why you often find commercial photographers using the Canon 1Ds MkII alongside digital backs (owned or hired) as it offers a seamless workflow regardless of which system they use for any given shoot.

Most Nikon shooters I know are using capture software be that NX or 4. A few are using the ARC that is integrated into photoshop CS.

These are my observations and not based on any scientific tests, but I'm sure someone who has actually worked extensively with all the converters will respond.
    Well why not bleeding well try out something that you already have on your computer and do more than make useless statements that provide no assistance whatsoever to the person asking for advice?

Is simple logic dead in today’s forums? Someone please shoot me if I ever state something like this while sober.

Cheers

Ray

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Re: Beggars Belief!

Just avoid the place, it's better for your bloodpressure!
    Regards,
    Henk
    ---------------------------------------
    photography is my passion
    you are invited to visit my gallery at http://mordisco.smugmug.com

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by OzRay View Post

Is simple logic dead in today’s forums? Someone please shoot me if I ever state something like this while sober.
    Well, if you weren't so sober while reading forums it wouldn't bother you as much...

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

...well Ray, this reminds me of something my father used to say quite a lot: "The only problem with common sense is that it isn't really very common."

cheers,

Lorne Miller
    E-1, E-1 with HLD-2, E500, E300, and now an E510
    14-54
    50-200
    11-22
    35-100 f2
    14-45 & 40-150 kit lenses
    14-42
    FL50
    future 14-35 f2