Thread: Tripod question: quick release plates

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Tripod question: quick release plates

As I noted in another thread in the Chit Chat section, I recently received a Dyna Tran tripod from Amvona. Generally, I am very impressed by it, especially for the price I paid (just under $50 with the shipping) for it on ebay.

My question, though, concerns the quick release plate that it has on the panhead. I need more of them so that I can have a plate on more than one camera. Are these things somewhat standard, or do I have to be careful about buying plates that are compatible with my tripod head? I couldn't find anything at Amvona's site concerning buying additional plates.

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re: Tripod question: quick release plates

I'm very new here but I had the same problem with a Slik Tripod. Eventually found a brilliant supplier. I am in the UK and our Amvona agents seem to supply what you are looking for so would think a Google seach of US sites should reveal a supplier. Prices vary enormously, sometimes US prices seem very good but the UK price is often the same number of GB pounds as US dollars!
    "If sense were common, why is there not more of it about?"

Thanks
    Feedback Score

I had the same problem here in the UK with another make of Pro Tripod. I emailed the contact address of the manufacturer's UK agent and they put me onto a supplier within a few minutes. Two days later I had my coulpe of Quick Release Plates.

Thanks
    Feedback Score

I think its unique to that head/manufacturer. The Dynatran ball head I just looked up had a unique plate. About the only common standard is the Arca-Swiss plate, maybe half a dozen manufacturers use it.
    Pete

Thanks
    Feedback Score

I have submitted two posts to this thread from a UK perspective neither of which have appeared. I am a newish Forum member but the Forum Rules do say I can post here!
    If this one works I will repost the others.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    I have submitted two posts to this thread from a UK perspective neither of which have appeared. I am a newish Forum member but the Forum Rules do say I can post here!
    If this one works I will repost the others.
    Hi JohnM,

Please do NOT post the same messages again. I deleted your last post in this thread since it was largely a repeat of your first post here.

Here's what is occuring: The posts of all new members must be approved by a Moderator or Administrator before they appear. I believe this is explained during the registration process. We are forced to take this step because of the rising incidents of SPAM being posted in our forums. The posts of new members will no longer need approval after they have successfully posted about 10 times (I forget the exact number).

Also, the Moderators are not able to watch every forum 24/7 so the delay will vary between the time a new post is submitted and is approved. The time will also vary from one forum to the next, depending on how frequently it is moderated.

We're very glad you're here and thank you for your understanding. We appreciate our brothers and sisters in the U.K. very much!!!
    Best regards, FL

Pursuing excellence...

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Thank you for your most understanding reply. I really must apologise most profusely, Yes I remember the clause about having initial posts "looked at" and, I am embarassed to say, I use a similar method in the main Forum that I run. If you wanted to move the 3 posts that I have caused on this thread that really do not belong here or even delete them please do so.
    Finally I look forward to gaining a lot of knowledge from this Forum and hopefully making some sort of positive contribution from time to time.
    With very best regards
    John Mitchell
    P.S. Pity I don't read my signature a bit more frequently