Thread: Exporting PMs?

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default Exporting PMs?

Hi,

my quota of Private Messages (PMs) has been filled up a couple of times and until now I have been able to solve the problem by tidying up the in/outboxes. However, I'm now facing the situation where I want to keep almost all the PMs that I have.

So, I wonder if there is a possibility to export the entire in/outbox to a text file or something similar on my HD so that I can start anew with clean boxes?

Cheers, Jens.

EDIT: Sorry... I should have looked further down the drop menu at the bottom of the in/outbox page before posting the message... Obviously, the function is already implemented in the system.

Mods: You can remove this thread if you like.
    Motto: Wildlife won't come to me unless I go to it.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    My Wildlife Photos: jensbirch.smugmug.com

E-5, E-3, E-510, IR-E-1 ,E-P2
    ZD: 7-14, 14-54, 50, 50-200 SWD, 90-250/2.8, 300/2.8, EC-14, EC-20
    Peleng 8mm fisheye, shift Tamron SP 17/3.5, Tokina AT-X 300/2.8
    FL-50R, FL-40, FL-20, HLD-2, HLD-4, cleaved ZD EX-25 w. electric bypass, 250D, 500D, KatzEye Plus OptiBrite
    Feisol CT-3472LV and CM-1471

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Default Re: Exporting PMs?

Hey Jens,
    So to answer the question - For all to see - there is at the bottom of the PM's box 3 option's for keeping a copy of your PM's. -
    Download all Private Messages as:
    XML | CSV | Text

Then you can download those. My area of greatest build up is with sent messages, I am usually able to delete out my "sent Messages" that frees up a lot of space.
    On the little bar chart - there are 3 lines - Green shows open space - Yellow shows messages which are used up in your sent folder - and Red are the ones in your inbox.
    Anyhow, I am glad you found it Jens, but I will keep it for reference for others.