Thread: Bag that doesn't scream 'Camera inside'.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Default Bag that doesn't scream 'Camera inside'.

While in Target for other items, came across this insulated, waterproof, soft sided (Lunch Box style) bag from Igloo.
    Though small (?) in size, it accomodated my E-330/14-54 with battery grip, grip & shoulder strap, and still has seperated top section as well as slip pockets on front & rear. (front one zippered) Outside Cordura nylon has plastic coated backing and inside (silver material) is waterproof as well.
    It was available in this color and a Pink/Grey combination. I struggled for quite a while as to which I should choose. 8-))))
    Price= $12.99

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Default Re: Bag that doesn't scream 'Camera inside'.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Cool Re: Bag that doesn't scream 'Camera inside'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    While in Target for other items, came across this insulated, waterproof, soft sided (Lunch Box style) bag from Igloo.
    Though small (?) in size, it accomodated my E-330/14-54 with battery grip, grip & shoulder strap, and still has seperated top section as well as slip pockets on front & rear. (front one zippered) Outside Cordura nylon has plastic coated backing and inside (silver material) is waterproof as well.
    It was available in this color and a Pink/Grey combination. I struggled for quite a while as to which I should choose. 8-))))
    Price= $12.99
    Speaking as somebody who has gone through many different bags, you certainly can't beat the price, and it certainly doesn't look like a photo bag.

I would worry long term about the silver material inside the bag, as I've had similar coolers that started disintegrating in a year's time (often times the silver stuff starts flaking off). Of course, for $13, when it starts self destructing, just throw it out, and get a new one.

I can't tell what kind of shoulder strap is on the bag, but often times the straps that come on those type of coolers aren't ment for all day use.

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re: Bag that doesn't scream 'Camera inside'.

I bought an Igloo bag to use as a camera bag a few years back. It is just a large rectangular bag, insulated (and padded), white inside, no silver. Great seal on zipper, too. I suppose it was meant to carry ice and drinks or something.

It has been a great bag and no one would ever suspect my gear was inside. It can hold a camera and a lens or two plus some cords and such. I use some folded towels as padding between items. Has a pouch with a flap on the front useful for filters, caps, and other thin items.

Forget what I paid, but it wasn't much. Much better than my lowepro bag.

Another great bag I use is a diaper bag. Waterproof, padded, and no one would ever stick their nose in it!