Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buy & Sell is dead since paying only subscribers!

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Re: Buy & Sell is dead since paying only subscribers!

Thanks a lot guys, and no problem with deleting the post, Bill, as it must have appeared as if I hadn't complied with the rules. Sorry for the trouble, I haven't had any problems posting to forums with my pBase images in the past, so was clueless as to why it didn't show. Been out of town and computerless for most of the past 2 months, so I guess changes have been made that I was unaware of ... DUH!

Anyhoo, it's back up with photo hosted on Flickr instead. I think I may just host there permanently after my pBase subscr. runs out. Or just host on my own website once I get that overhauled (yeah, right, lol!)

I appreciate this forum and the buy/sell board. I do sell on eBay, but thought it would be nicer to offer the camera here to folks who know what a great item it really is. Now I just have to stop thinking about giving up that fab lens and get on with using my E410 to the best of my limited abilities.

Will keep reading here and maybe get up the nerve to post some photos for critique one of these days.

Joan

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re: Buy & Sell is dead since paying only subscribers!

i think that the fact that sellers needs to pay is great. i never liked the fact that many of the sellers are one time users. if you want to use our services you should either join the community and be active in it or show that you're serious enough by paying and supporting the site. that was a great idea tony.

Joan,
    post those shots... we are not that bad (i even hold my temper and being polite when critisizing a shot : )

Assaf.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Default Re: Buy & Sell forum Update

As a seasoned trader on this board and the internet overall, this is a very bad move to charge for FS/FT.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default Re: Buy & Sell forum Update

Quote Originally Posted by tfinch2 View Post
    As a seasoned trader on this board and the internet overall, this is a very bad move to charge for FS/FT.
    Our site is NOT primarily Buy/Sell forum, it is primarily photographic forum.
    So with charges Tony implemented, we are simply trying to NOT have users that show up just for Buy/Sell.

In my opinion, the results are evident, positive - number of posts in Buy/Sell forum is considerably reduced - and type of users that the number particularly reduced is exactly "one time show / sell" users.

Yours Bojan