Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Cheap E3 eyecup fix!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pohangina, New Zealand
    Posts
    240
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default Cheap E3 eyecup fix!

    I've had my new E3 for a few days now and am pleased to report it is 97% brilliant - the other 3% is minor (like it really needs a couple more dedicated buttons...). However, one minor quibble turned out to be easy to fix - the eyecup.

    To really check focus and to be able to read the data at the bottom of the viewfinder, I found my eyebrow was getting crushed into the big eyecup. Okay, maybe I have a heavy forehead or something but it must be worse with glasses. So, I reached into the cupboard and pulled out my now redundant E330. Yup, the eyecups are a straight swap and problem solved. Suddenly the viewfinder reaches it's full potential!

    It must be easy enough to get an E330 cup? By the way, I never really liked my E330, so if anyone in New Zealand wants a mint E330, let me know! (I'm keeping the E300. That's a great little unit).

    Don.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default Re: Cheap E3 eyecup fix!

    Yah, the E-500 eyecup works as well. I know because I lost my E-3's eyecup somewhere in downtown Seattle, and pulled the one off the E-500 because I couldn't find the EP-7 eyecup in stock anywhere! I taped the furshlugginer thing onto the camera this time.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default Re: Cheap E3 eyecup fix!

    Hey Kyle,

    Look at your Private messages please,

    Aaron

Similar Threads

  1. Camera Topics E-330 eyecup onto E-3
    By Don Baldwinson in forum Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-27-2008, 01:41 PM
  2. WTB: ME-1 Magnifying Eyecup
    By lmooring in forum Buy / Sell Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2008, 08:32 AM
  3. WTB an EP-2 or EP-1 eyecup.......
    By rockgrabber in forum Buy / Sell Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 08:31 AM
  4. Anyone used the ME-1 eyecup on the E-330?
    By Claven2 in forum Site Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 10:01 AM
  5. WTB - EP-2 eyecup
    By Judd Kiteley in forum Buy / Sell Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-04-2006, 02:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •