Thread: Moving out of old camera case, Need a new one!

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Moving out of old camera case, Need a new one!

Ive been looking for a large size camera case to hold the growing collection of lenses.

Found this Ape Case Pro http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Was wondering if anyone has bought this case. The specs looks great, but a second option is always nice as well.
    E-3/E-510
    14-54mm/14-42mm/40-150mm/OM 50mm F1.4/Tamron 70-300mm/
    http://www.reloadedphoto.com

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re: Moving out of old camera case, Need a new one!

I haven't any experience with the case you are considering. However, I do know that camera collections tend to grow and as the number of lenses increases it gets increasingly difficult to fit them into a soft sided case that will both support the growing weight and give easy access. 2-3 years ago I faced that problem and Ozray convinced me to try a Pelican case and I haven't looked back. My current travel camera gear is housed in a Pelican 1610 case. Pelican has cases for all size gear collections. Very sturdy. Lockable. Waterproof. One way valve to allow pressure release if transported through a high elevation environment such as an unpressurized aircraft cargo compartment. Configurable interior. Replacement interior inserts available. The 1610 model that I'm using also has wheels on one end and an extendable handle like some travel luggage. Readily available at most large photo supply stores such as B&H Photo.

http://www.pelican.com/case_category...ze=%25&New=%25

Just an additional alternative to explore.
    Good shooting,
    English Bob

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

do not require a large hard case for my camera lens but can support the Pelican case as one of the best,, I have been using them for years for all my astronomy telescope lens,,

go to any sky party and you will see many Pelican cases,, been around many years and one of the best,,

Derry

Thanks
    Feedback Score

I've got it, it's okay. Holds my E-510 (with either the 35mm Macro or 14-54 attached... the other is in a slot), also have my 70-300 in the bag and an FL-36, extra batteries, etc. Probably would prefer a Lowe Pro Slinger 200 though. Packed nice in the trunk for our trip to the south... but did not want to lug all that gear with me when I went out.

It is a well padded bag, but it is kinda big.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Eb, Derry, thanks for the other info about the Pelican cases and thanks Sithtracy for the extra Info!
    E-3/E-510
    14-54mm/14-42mm/40-150mm/OM 50mm F1.4/Tamron 70-300mm/
    http://www.reloadedphoto.com

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheatwoodj View Post
    Ive been looking for a large size camera case to hold the growing collection of lenses.

Found this Ape Case Pro http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
    That looks like a nicely designed shooting case for a large kit. I've not heard of Norazza before, but overall I like the design. The user photos of the large size looks good, I like the way they've got dividers that allow camera plus long lens to be carried cross-wise and vertically in the bag.

For storage and protection, I use a Pelican 1710 rollaway case. It's sized to allow being used as carry-on baggage so if I need to carry more than my usual, I can toss it all in there and not worry. Very protective and solid too. I often stuff it full and toss it in the back of the car, use it as a storage box while working out of one of my smaller shoulder bags.

More normally, I use a Think Tank Photo "Urban Disguise 50" case now when I'm traveling. It carries a heck of a lot of gear (more than I usually want to carry!) plus laptop, and fits neatly in the overhead compartment. The design is great: although it's bulky, it is good to work out of when shooting if you need a lot of gear.

I have a number of smaller shoulder bags, my favorites being the Domke F5XB (which is tight for a pro SLR and two lenses) and the Domke F803 Camera Satchel (a little roomier but sometimes a little too narrow for the pro SLRs). I'd like something just a little roomier but otherwise similar ... I'm thinking of getting either the Domke F802 or the Urban Disguise 30. Both have their plusses and minuses.

What I'm realizing is that I have to get over the notion of only having a small/compact bag. Some of what I need to lug about is simply bulky stuff (a kit including the 11-22, 14-50, 50-200 lenses, body, spare body, and all the other minutiae I need to work is just never going to be small) and I have to have the room to make it usable in the field.

Godfrey