Thread: Thanks to EB and Julie Poole

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Thanks to EB and Julie Poole

EB, I hestitated a long time to decide whether or not to buy an E-3. I was really put off by it's size and weight (don't we buy Oly to get small,lightweight cameras?) and I just felt I wouldn't like it.

I also saw so many comments about AF problems, softness, poor user interface, etc, that I had just about decided to sell everything and buy a D-300. I remember that you had AF problems as did some others whose comments I've learned to respect.

Then I saw that you had gotten your camera repaired and were quite pleased with it. After watching your comments for a while, I came to the conclusion that you genuinely liked the camera and thought it to be a very good tool.

I also noted that Julie Poole has had excellent use from hers. I've seen a number of her posts with that camera and I am extremely impressed.

So I bit the bullet and made the purchase. After a week with it I can say that it was absolutely the right thing to do. It is a marvelous camera and I am very pleased with it. Zero problems.

I have found it to be a very easy camera to use, and not all that different from my other Olys. I realize that some folks did in fact have defective AF systems, but I suspect many of the problems reported were just lack of understanding and experience with the AF system. In fact I think it functions much like the AF on a Nikon D-200 I use occaisionally.

So, based primarily on comments from EB and Julie, and from Tony and others here, I am a happy E-3 owner.

Thanks to all, and especially EB and Julie

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re: Thanks to EB and Julie Poole

I'm glad that you took the plunge. I'm particularly glad that you're happy with the E-3 performance. I know I certainly am. It's the best 4/3 camera to date.
    Good shooting,
    English Bob

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

'One of the truths' is that Olympus is much more popular (>> cameras sold+ time in market) than it was in the E-1 launch (for obvious reasons). Something easy to observe from human nature is that we often complain when something's not right but we rarely mention when everything's ok because, of course, thats the way it's supposed to be.
    My take on the 'noise' about AF and other E-3 issues is that it's solely 'numbers': a vast number of new people using the system and, consequently, producing a lot more noise on the forums and such. The E-3 is really a complex beast and a great camera.

Cheers,

Charles

www.paisagembrasileira.com

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I am glad I could be of help! I love mine and though I don't think I have scratched the surface of what it can do.. I like what I do know it can do!

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Yep, seems to be pretty good.
    Good shooting,
    English Bob