Well, I phoned ffice:smarttags" />lace w:st="on">Olympuslace> this afternoon and got my RQID. Now I just need to strip the E-3 (battery, CF, strap, et al) and pack it up for the lace w:st="on">Olympuslace> service center.
fficeffice" />>>
The guy at lace w:st="on">Olympuslace> was friendly and professional. Of course, it’s always nice to finally get to hear a human voice after interfacing with the official robotic responder that tells you which button to push for ‘English’ and what to do for recording devices or cameras, digital or film, and finally the E-series cameras and ultimately, the E-3.
>>
After a brief conversation he finally asked: “So; what seems to be the problem with your E-3?”
>>
“My lens-release button, it’s broken,” I said.
>>
“What?!?”
>>
“My lens-release button, it … ”
>>
“I understand; it broke. How’d that happen?” The words came quickly, yet quietly.
>>
So, I proceeded to tell him all about how the lens-release button on my E-3 literally came unglued – after just a few months of light duty.
>>
Silence.
>>
“I know,” I said. “I feel the same way.”
>>
More silence, almost, I hear tapping on a keypad.
>>
So, my question is: When the E-3 goes back to lace w:st="on">Olympuslace> for the repair, what other servicing is typically done? Is there anyone here with first-hand experience who knows whether or not they will update the firmware, for example?
>>
Thanks!
>>
-lace w:st="on">leonlace>