Thread: Camp Murphy South redux...

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    63 (100%)

Arrow Camp Murphy South redux...

Getting grips on the idiosyncracies of the E-410. ESP metered, which I, until now, never do!
    ORF developed in Lightroom 2 and liking it more every day.
    The light was quite harsh and SE Florida is suffering droughts, hence the brown grass, and what I refer to as "Africa Heat!" The temperature at the time of this shot was 95F with strong SW breezes.
    I did a few corrections in Photoshop to remove the Blue/Cyan cast from the bottom half of the image.

Critiques are encouraged.

Last edited by Bill_Turner; 05-01-2009 at 12:33 PM.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default Re: Camp Murphy South redux...

Nice shot Bill. The ESP metering looks great here, I guess whatever it takes. You managed the harsh lighting very well. The only criticism I have is that it could use a little sharpness. I gave it a pass through Focus Magic with a blur width of 1, and it came right around. That could be something to do with the forum's viewing software though, there have been a lot of comments from folks about that since the changes. PS: It was a long winter, but you can keep that heat down there!
    Nate

"There's only one rule in photography - never develop colour film in chicken noodle soup." - Freeman Patterson

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Bill,

More good work. What's 95f in Florida? Isn't that why people live there?

I am still hammering a way on LR 2beta. Reading S. Kelby and M. Evening on LR 1.0. If you have any more links to good tutorials post them somewhere obvious.

Thanks

Clay

Thanks
    Feedback Score

I like the sense of "railroadness" you captured on the tracks with the switch in the distance. Is the sky really that blue in SE Florida? The contrast with the rusty red rails and ties adds life to the image.

ESP metering (not ESP + AF) works very well for most of my exposures. I don't see the need for more sharpening for this image at web size on my monitor.