Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: June Contest - Gloom

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Default Re: June Contest - Gloom

It really depends on your RAW developer - for example using Studio/MAster and converting to 16 bit Tiffs it all disappears, and really is a pain in my opinion. Metadata is so important. Being able to find your shots in the future is critical for me. And so I love the quality of the images from Studio, but don't use it because it strips out the info. Which is quite disappointing.

I am going to close this contest.

Thanks
    Feedback Score

I don't have photoshop, I believe the processing flow for this image was development in master>resized in picturenaut (freeware)>didn't like the result, so I just uploaded the full-sized image to flickr and flickr did a much better job of resizing, so I copied it from there.

Kind of slapdash post, but that's what I've got to work with.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I just saw this. I think flickr & smugmug both strip the EXIF from the pictures when you post them. If I'm wrong please let me know. You have to put a seprate link back to the site so others can see the exif. I started using zenfolio because they don't strip the info. and there is no need to put the seprate link back to zinfolio. I know this is hosted by smudmug and I might should not have said this but I like the exif to go out with my photo. I liked my smugmug site until I figured out the exif was stripped.
    Last edited by DonR; 07-21-2008 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Added text.
    DonR -
    Everything is now sold.
    E-30-ME-1/9-18/14-54mkI/40-150mkII/50-200 SWD/70-300/Sigma 50-500/50 f2/EC-14/EX-25/Leica V-LUX 1/TCON 17/Raynox 6600 Pro/FL 50/ Panny DMC-ZS5
    Images at http://donr.zenfolio.com/

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Hey Don,
    When you link to a forum the Exif is stripped, but it isn't gone in the gallery it still displays fine, as well as to a forum you can link the exif info. So yes you are correct. But to either provide an exif link or a link to the gallery isn't that big of a deal to me.