Thread: November 2008 Photo Contest - Natural Imitators

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Real Name
    Ann

Default November 2008 Photo Contest - Natural Imitators

November's theme will be "Natural Imitators".

This means anything in nature that seems to be imitating a person or animal (in action or not). It could be a rock or cloud formation, anything in nature. Just use your imagination and look beyond the norm.
    Here are a few examples: Sample 1 | Sample 2 | Sample 3 | Sample 4
    A couple of them are a little vague, but they're just to give you some ideas.

Please keep in mind that it's more than just taking a snapshot during the contests. Tips; Try different angles with your photos, keep your main subject in focus, straighten it if you have a crooked horizon, and keep in mind a fairly balanced composition.
    ----------------

The contest will run from the 1st - 30th, and is closed out the following day to allow for any entries taken on the 30th.

Please reduce your entry to approximately 800 pixels in width.
    The Album is located here - http://43photo.smugmug.com/gallery/6443472_YTRKb
    Log in using this User name: 43photo and Password: Imitators (with a big I).
    If you have a smugmug account, please log out, then in again with the above user name/password.

The photo must be taken in the month of the contest. You are allowed to submit one (1) photo. You can resubmit another one, but be sure to include your user name again and PM me so I can remove the one previously submitted.

Please include a title with your entry, along with your user name (or PM me so I know who it belongs to).
    We must be able to see the exif, so please make sure it is attached to the photo. If you need help with that, PM me. If the original exif is not there, I will contact you asking for the original photo so I can retrieve it.
    The entry
    must also be from a 4/3 SLR camera, which includes (but not limited to) the Olympus E-3, E-1, E-300, E-330, E-400, E-410, E-420, E-500, E-510, E-520, Panasonic L-1, L-10, etc.

The entries will be judged according to these criteria:
    • Subject: Does the subject fit the theme?

• Creativity: How effectively/dramatically/interestingly is the subject presented?

• Composition: Has the subject been composed appropriately/interestingly?

• Lighting: Has lighting been used appropriately/effectively for the subject?

• Technical: Has the subject been exposed, focussed, etc appropriately/correctly?

1st place and 2nd place winners will each have a choice of one of the prizes below.
    There will also be two who place 3rd and 4th, and they will have a chance at the end of the year for the Photographer of the Year.

Silkypix Developer Studio 3.0 program
    (or any other Short Cut program).

SILKYPIX Developer Studio 3.0 is an all-round RAW converter with feature rich functionalities that produces the best results for your cherished images. With top notch adjustment parameters in an intuitive user interface you can enhance your own pictures with silky smooth results!
    SILKYPIX is the only program that is OSX compitable.
    Click the Silkypix picture for more info.
    or to see their other programs.
    A 1 year pro account with SmugMug
    (They donate a free year for the first win, and if you win again it will be $25 worth of free SmugMug prints/gifts.)
    SmugMug keeps 4 backup copies of each photo in 3 states. Retrieve them anytime. Secure your family's privacy with your own secret SmugIsland. They'll see your photos without registering, and without spam. Real people who respond to every email every day. We fuss over more than 315,000 mostly fanatical, paying customers. Choose from an ever-growing list of amazing themes or design one.
    Click the SmugMug banner for more info.
    Last edited by AnnF; 01-05-2009 at 06:39 AM.

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re: November 2008 Photo Contest - Natural Imitators

Just Curious, what happened to the "Natural Imitators" There was an entry and know the whole thing is gone?

- Savygirl

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Real Name
    Ann

All entries must have the original exif attached.

Ann
    Appreciate what we have, instead of worrying about what we haven't. Enjoy what is, before it isn't.
    --------
    http://www.scenicphotos4u.smugmug.com
    Moderator/Photo Contests Forum

Kalispell Montana, mere minutes from Glacier Park
    Thanks
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Nehperim,

ROTFLMAO

Jim

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Flinchbaugh View Post

ROTFLMAO
    Glad it made you smile
    ~ ~ Dave
    unphotographed.com: Critique and comments always welcomed.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

Tough subject this month ! Nepherim wins !! oh wait, I don't get a vote . . .

J