Thread: E-30 Level Gauge Question

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default E-30 Level Gauge Question

The only function that the E-30 has that the E-3 doesn't and that I'm interested in is the Level Gauge. Turning on the Level Gauge requires that it be assigned to the Fn button (P. 96 and 100 of the E-30 manual.) I don't like that, as it conflicts with the assignment of the One Touch WB to the Fn button which is my normal setup. My question to those who already have an E-30 is, "Can you assign the Fn button to perform the Level gauge function, then press the Fn button turning on the Level Gauge, then reassign the Fn button to One Touch WB while the Level Gauge is still operable and finally save those settings to a Custom Reset?" The end result would be a Level Gauge that was continually active while the Fn button was set to utilize the One Touch WB. The manual seems to imply that this is possible since the list of Custom Reset functions (P. 136) indicates that the Level Gauge and Fn button settings are separately recordable as a custom reset.
    Last edited by E B; 01-15-2009 at 10:19 AM.
    Good shooting,
    English Bob

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re: E-30 Level Gauge Question

I think I've answered my own question. I just found out that I could use the 1wrenchD menu to permanently turn on the Level Gauge (the default setting is OFF) so I could do that and there would definitely be no conflict about setting the Fn button to One Touch WB.
    Good shooting,
    English Bob

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by E B View Post
    I think I've answered my own question. I just found out that I could use the 1wrenchD menu to permanently turn on the Level Gauge (the default setting is OFF) so I could do that and there would definitely be no conflict about setting the Fn button to One Touch WB.
    Yes Bob you just did answere your own question. Once the Level Gauge is set to permanent ON then the Fn button is free to whatever program setting you want on it. If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate.
    Paul

“Cameras don’t take pictures, people do”

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Thank you.
    Good shooting,
    English Bob

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

While I really like the E-30 and the level guage, I wish that in the viewfinder they had the horizontal level as well as vertical. (Only live view has both, so a bit limiting)