Thread: FS: Olympus ZD 9-18/4-5.6 (EU) (Price reduced)

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Default FS: Olympus ZD 9-18/4-5.6 (EU) (Price reduced)

I have this lens:

which I now put up for sale here:

I am happy with the performance of this lens; I haven't noticed any of the problems with blurry corners sometimes mentioned when discussing it.

Condition:
    Somewhat used (I bought it new in March 22 this year) but practically as new
    Included: The lens, the box and everything it came with
    Price: EUR 430 419 (PayPal), or EUR 410 399 (bank transfer)
    Shipping: EUR 25 (insured shipping)
    Payment: PayPal or bank transfer using BIC/IBAN codes
    Taxes: I'm in Europe and for a buyer also inside the EU there will be no additional taxes or custom fees. For the rest of the world, well, I don't know about your place but any extra fees are to be paid by the buyer.
    Communication: Either in this thread or via PM. If you think the price is outrageous please send me a PM and tell me about it.
    More images of the actual item can be found by clicking this link:
    http://imageevent.com/jonas_b/vtempzd918

The lens will be shipped packed for a safe trip, I ship fast and I have good (only) feedback here, at Pentaxforums, FM-forums, [Jonas B] and even some at eBay.

/Jonas
    Last edited by Jonas B; 06-15-2009 at 12:01 AM. Reason: price adjustment

ChristopherCoy Guest

Default Re: FS: Olympus ZD 9-18/4-5.6 (EU)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas B View Post
    If you think the price is outrageous please send me a PM and tell me about it.
    /Jonas

ROTFL!!! Good one! Love it!

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Default Re: FS: Olympus ZD 9-18/4-5.6 (EU)

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    ROTFL!!! Good one! Love it!
    I got no PMs about this so I guess the price is fair.

Still, I decided to lower the price a notch for any customer using bank transfer (thus avoiding the PayPal transfer and exchange fees).
    Last edited by Jonas B; 06-13-2009 at 09:41 AM.
    Jonas

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Default Re: FS: Olympus ZD 9-18/4-5.6 (Price reduction)

500+ views. Hmm. I think I have to talk with my marketing department about this. There must be more effective ways to announce!

Does a symbolic price adjustment help?

New price:
    EUR 419 (PayPal), or EUR 399 (bank transfer)
    Jonas

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Well after the conversion form Francs to US dollars your price is $587. Brand new from Amazon it is $520 and was up until this week $499. Probably why no takers. You can also find it for $509 at a lot of places.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bikefreax View Post
    Well after the conversion form Francs to US dollars your price is $587. Brand new from Amazon it is $520 and was up until this week $499. Probably why no takers. You can also find it for $509 at a lot of places.

From Francs?

Hi bikefreax,

Lol. Check the rules and you'll find that dot numero five applies on your post. Also please note that we have taxes added to the already high Olympus prices here in Europe.

If you find a place here in Europe selling the lens for less than my price please let me know. You don't need to send a PM, just post here in the thread. Thanx.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

From Francs?

Hi bikefreax,

Lol. Check the rules and you'll find that dot numero five applies on your post. Also please note that we have taxes added to the already high Olympus prices here in Europe.

If you find a place here in Europe selling the lens for less than my price please let me know. You don't need to send a PM, just post here in the thread. Thanx.
    Just my two cents.
    The way I understood it, he wasn't saying it was too expensive (not directly anyhow), but that (by implication) the US/Canada membership is surely the largest, and that they can obtain it less expensively on this continent, thus (and this is the point as I see it): they do not choose to make you an offer.

This, too, is patent: the Euro is worth over 1.5 times the dollar, and perhaps that figures into it somehow.

So I hope that if you were offended by how you perceived his comment, that now you will see it in a different light and no longer be affronted. We are a family here, and text messaging is way less "readable" than oral, which also engenders mis-communications. I hope he will echo what I have said, or put it a different way, still not rankling to your feelings. This forum is markedly more benign than others of my experience, though I'm not saying they are actually bad either.

Better sign off while my foot is still dry.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks lendur2. That is what I was meaning. Just trying to help.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Thanks lendur2. That is what I was meaning. Just trying to help.
    Hey, I'm not offended, or taking things another way than they are. Before I edited the opening post it said EU inside the parenthesis, then I changed that to "Price reduction". I have never aimed this for the North American market (but I sometimes sell a lens or something to folks there anyway).

But, there is always a but, and in this case I think the rule I pointed you to is there for a reason. Maybe the only reason is that it bumps threads, I don't know.

Anyway, if you find a place selling it cheaper than me in EU just let me know and I'll surely adjust my price.

Quote Originally Posted by lendur2 View Post
    Just my two cents.
    The way I understood it, he wasn't saying it was too expensive (not directly anyhow), but that (by implication) the US/Canada membership is surely the largest, and that they can obtain it less expensively on this continent, thus (and this is the point as I see it): they do not choose to make you an offer.

(...)

Better sign off while my foot is still dry.
    No problem.
    I'll add the EU piece to the topic title again. Hopefully no US/Canada member feel I'm trying to sell expensive stuff to the that way.

regards,

--
    Jonas

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Hopefully no US/Canada member feel I'm trying to sell expensive stuff to the that way.

regards,

--
    Jonas
    I'm sure that this isn't an issue. You may charge what you wish.

I suspect, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, that he wasn't really butting against rule 5, but that it was support material for his comment that people weren't stepping up to buy. He certainly wasn't saying it should be lower, now that we have the advantage of his own testimony.

I think this has gotten out of hand and the referee should wave his hands to say: "Let's just get on with it". Sound fair to all?

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lendur2 View Post
    (...)
    I think this has gotten out of hand and the referee should wave his hands to say: "Let's just get on with it". Sound fair to all?
    Sure. Thank you for helping me understand about the help.
    Jonas

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Re: FS: Olympus ZD 9-18/4-5.6 (EU) (Price reduced)

I'm done. Sorry for posting the price elsewhere. Never happen again. I am looking for one of these lenses is why I stumbled into this thread to begin with. Then I did the exchange and posted what I saw.

Sorry, I will look elsewhere.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I'm done. Sorry for posting the price elsewhere. Never happen again. (...)
    Good. You could have read the rules, you could have sent me a PM instead, and you could have checked the EU prices.

(...) I am looking for one of these lenses is why I stumbled into this thread to begin with. Then I did the exchange and posted what I saw.

Sorry, I will look elsewhere.
    In a way I understand you tried to explain for me why nobody contacted me. I figure from your post that the lowest US price is USD 509. My price is 24% under the lowest price I found here in EU. To get a corresponding deal in the US you need to find it at USD 382. It may be possible and I wish you luck with that. It is a cool lens.

===============
    The lens is still available.

===============
    Jonas

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

This was a sad story. I'm sorry it ended this way. I'll just bring the lens to eBay.

Cheers,

EDIT: Sold at eBay for EUR 407

--
    Jonas
    Last edited by Jonas B; 06-29-2009 at 05:08 AM.