Thread: Panasonic 20mm; When and how much?

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Panasonic 20mm; When and how much?

The Panasonic 20mm f1.7 pancake has been on the lens roadmap and constantly seen in mockups ever since the G1 came out, but I still have yet to hear anything about its pricing or availability. On the other hand, other people clearly have better information than I do as I keep hearing about interesting new things (like a 45mm macro?) that I haven't been able to find any other info on.

Do any of you better-informed people have any idea about the pricing and availability of the 20mm? To be honest, that lens with the E-P1 are what interest me most about m4/3... unless it costs $500+.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Re: Panasonic 20mm; When and how much?

Quote Originally Posted by er1kksen View Post
    The Panasonic 20mm f1.7 pancake has been on the lens roadmap and constantly seen in mockups ever since the G1 came out, but I still have yet to hear anything about its pricing or availability. On the other hand, other people clearly have better information than I do as I keep hearing about interesting new things (like a 45mm macro?) that I haven't been able to find any other info on.

Do any of you better-informed people have any idea about the pricing and availability of the 20mm? To be honest, that lens with the E-P1 are what interest me most about m4/3... unless it costs $500+.
    The Lumix G 20mm f/1.7 was shown in prototype at Photokina, PMA and PIE 2009. It is expected to ship later this summer/early fall, rumor has it in conjunction with a compact G system camera.

The Lumix G 45mm f/2.8 Macro OIS was shown at PIE 2009 in prototype. No rumors as to when it will be available yet.

Only Panasonic knows for sure on delivery dates and prices.
    I won't speculate.