Thread: Battery for E-620

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Battery for E-620

Hi all,

I'm hoping that there's a cheaper decent quality alternative to an Olympus branded BLS-1 battery for the E-620. Has anybody had any luck? Here's a couple links that I thoght I might try.

Battery: http://www.bestbatt.com/OLympus_PS_B...p/bbpsbls1.htm

AC/DC chargers: http://www.bestbatt.com/Olympus_PS_B...p/bbpsbcs1.htm

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re: Battery for E-620

Answered my own question. These look like they review well over at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Maximal-Power-...owViewpoints=1

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I was just about to send you that link. I have two of them that I use for backups. I haven't stressed them as much as I stress my authentic Olympus BLS-1s, but they work well enough for me when I've depleted the Oly battery. Never had to use the aftermarket ones to exhaustion, though, so I can't say whether they'll last as long as the original Olympus battery.
    Peace,

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Adorama has great replacement batteries for many cameras. This one is significantly cheaper and has roughly the same mAh.

http://www.adorama.com/IBYBLS1.html
    Name's Trevor, feel free to check out my various sites!
    Celerity Photography / Flickr / Facebook / Twitter
    E-5 w/HLD-4 / 2xE-510 w/Ownuser BH-E51R / 9-18mm / 14-54mm MKI / 50-200mm MKI / Sigma 30mm f1.4 / 2xFL-50
    (5) Sunpak 433D / Cybersyncs / Cokin Z-Pro U960 Kit / Manfrotto 190XB w/ 486RC2 Ball Head

Thanks
    Feedback Score

I have the Maximal Power battery off Amazon and I actually get more picture per charge than the Olympus battery. I would highly recommend the battery, I figured for around $9 I couldn't go wrong.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

wait! something is missing. I am looking at the blm-1

oly : ??
    adorama : 700mAh
    lenmar : 1500mAh
    hitech : 1500mAh
    maximal : ??

i dont have my camera here to check oly. But, clearly 700mAh is pretty low compared to the other 2.

right?

S

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Battery ratings can be somewhat confusing because mAh-capacity quotes vary depending on voltage. So matching voltages in the MFR's ratings is the first step.

Olympus BLS-1: 7.2v, 1150mAh
    MaximalPower BLS-1 replacement: 7.2v, 1800mAh

Don't know about the Adorama, Lenmar or HiTech branded replacements, but 7.2v/1800mAh for only nine bucks would seem like a pretty good deal.

Of course, how long until it's kaput is another story. I've used the two Maximal's I have for about a year, first in my e420 then in the e620. But remember, that's only temporary backup use when the original Oly batteries are depleted.
    Peace,

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shrimp123 View Post
    wait! something is missing. I am looking at the blm-1

adorama : 700mAh

i dont have my camera here to check oly. But, clearly 700mAh is pretty low compared to the other 2.

right?

S
    I think you may have erred re the Adorama battery. The one that I just bought a few weeks ago is rated 7.2 V and 1700mAh. The Olympus battery that came with my E-520 is rated 7.2 V and 1500mAh. So, the Adorama battery has the potential to last a wee bit longer. I haven't noticed any difference in the two and I alternate between the two. I chose to order through Adorama thinking that they would (hopefully) be more concerned about the product they are selling as compared to all the cheapies available on E Bay. But....I've used 4 EBay specials with my Pany FZ-20 for years and never had a problem, though the two oldest started to have very short charge times after 3-4 years of useage.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I picked up two of the Maximal Power for backup, just like Bob, only I use them interchangeably with the original Olympus battery. Heck, they all seem just fine, and I'm actually really amazed by the battery conservation abilities of this camera. (Although I did change the setting on the LCD review to it's lowest setting, which no doubt helped a great deal.) Seriously, having these three batteries makes me feel pretty secure knowing that I'll have all the power I'll ever need over the course of one day.

That said, I'll hijack this thread a little and ask if anyone has any thoughts on battery recharge units. From experience (with an older P&S camera), I would love to be able to charge up two (or more) batteries at once with a single device from a single outlet. I think I've seen listings for third party units that do this, but there are no reviews and they were from brands unknown to me. I've wasted too much money on cheap plastic I hoped would work. I'd like to know that these things work first.

So does anyone here have any experience with such a two-battery charger device? Recommendations? Dissuasions? Thanks.
    Spent a lot of time getting comfy with my E-620, 9-18, 14-42, 40-150, and 70-300. Next, I'm starting to jones for the 35 macro, plus Lightroom or maybe that cheap version of Aperture. Oh yeah, and some sort of compact "companion" camera, too.