Thread: Maine Morning

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Maine Morning

I got up before sunrise trying to find a good vantage point for an early light image. I finally settled on this location. The local time is 05:21 hours, before sunrise, and the water is the Atlantic Ocean.

Camera: E-3
    Lens: DZ 14-35 at 14mm
    Shutter speed: 1/125
    Aperture: f2
    Metering: ESP
    ISO: 100
    Good shooting,
    English Bob

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Re: Maine Morning

Some nice color, EB, very rich. I'm guessing this was handheld, since you went for a wide open aperture. Looking forward to more Maine shots.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Cool Re: Maine Morning

Quote Originally Posted by E B View Post
    I got up before sunrise trying to find a good vantage point for an early light image. I finally settled on this location. The local time is 05:21 hours, before sunrise, and the water is the Atlantic Ocean.
    I looks nice and moody.

Since it was shot on the 6th, I assume you were out here for the foliage? I was driving through New Hampshire and Vermont on the 5th, and it was close to peak then.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Thumbs up Re: Maine Morning

Michael is right was out photographing some today . EB ! cheers Pete

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Thank you. Actually, no I wasn't particularly looking for the foliage, though it was nice. As I mentioned in another post, I'd been watching Ken Burn's Civil War on DVD and it repeatedly mentioned Deer Isle, Maine, so I just decided to go and have a look at Deer Isle. Didn't turn out quite the way I had hoped, photogenically speaking.

I was born in Rutland, Vermont and partly raised on a farm below Wallingford, Vermont, so you probably crossed some of my old territory.
    Good shooting,
    English Bob

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Yep, lovely as long as the weather is favorable for you.
    Good shooting,
    English Bob

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Yep, hand held. The 14-35mm lens has always performed very well for me in low light situations.
    Good shooting,
    English Bob

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Thumbs up Re: Maine Morning

Wow ! welcome home EB for awhile that is ! Ya well cheers Pete

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Early morning, calm sea, near slack tide. Very beautiful, EB.
    Nate

"There's only one rule in photography - never develop colour film in chicken noodle soup." - Freeman Patterson

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Thank you.
    Good shooting,
    English Bob

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Thank you. I don't really have any rapport for water scenes, so I really can't say how I feel about the scene in general. I do like the lighting though.
    Good shooting,
    English Bob

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by E B View Post
    Thank you. Actually, no I wasn't particularly looking for the foliage, though it was nice. As I mentioned in another post, I'd been watching Ken Burn's Civil War on DVD and it repeatedly mentioned Deer Isle, Maine, so I just decided to go and have a look at Deer Isle. Didn't turn out quite the way I had hoped, photogenically speaking.

I was born in Rutland, Vermont and partly raised on a farm below Wallingford, Vermont, so you probably crossed some of my old territory.
    Ok, I tend to associate you more with pictures of the west, and given some of the focus of the area is foliage, I just assumed you were coming for that.

On my trip, I had in fact, planned to up around Rutland, and turn south to go past the Green Mountain Forest, but I decided to go up further on I-89 towards Burlington, since it wasn't quite peak in the Rutland area. I was planning to swing down that way, but I wasn't paying attention to exits, and wound up going back via I-91. Unlike most of the other states I've driven through, Vermont seems to have outlawed billboard advertising, so unless you know which exit to take, you can miss where you are going.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Petephoto1 View Post
    Michael is right was out photographing some today . EB ! cheers Pete
    Well, even though it is peak in Massachusetts right now, I didn't do any leaves either Saturday or Sunday (I did a little on Friday before work). Saturday, we went south to the Connecticut Renaissance Festival (and in fact I had several people talk to me about my pictures from other fairs). I did take many pictures there, but none of leaves.

Today my wife (who loves elephants and in the past has been a big circus fan) noticed Ringling was in Worcester, so we went there. I took my SP-550UZ along, because I wasn't sure about the camera policy, and once again, I deleted a majority of the pictures in my usual scan afterwards because the camera just was not up to the task (but hey, it does fit in a pants pocket, which the E-3/14-54/50-200 will not).

In theory, I was going to take a day off tomorrow and do the final shots then, but I just got a whole new priority one task dumped on my lap with a tight deadline. I probably will drive around a bit and catch a few graveyards with leaves, but not take the whole day.

The circus was a big mistake -- we haven't gone to Ringling in a few years, preferring the smaller Big Apple Circus, and the show was kind of lame. Some parts I know I've seen before, and some like the tigers just seemed like they were phoning in their performances.

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Yep, most of my images are from the west. I like the bigger mountains and wider spaces.
    Good shooting,
    English Bob

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Well, EB sure is a surprise ! Mike ,hope to see some you Apple circus and the other ones ? Cheers Pete

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Petephoto1 View Post
    Well, EB sure is a surprise ! Mike ,hope to see some you Apple circus and the other ones ? Cheers Pete
    I didn't take a camera to the Big Apple Circus, so no pictures (besides that is April/May time frame).