Thread: Anyone having CF card issues with the E-3?

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default Anyone having CF card issues with the E-3?

In the past week, I have had a relatively new 4gb Extreme III go bad, and had just received two new 4gb Extreme IV's yesterday, which both show an error of "Disk Full" upon start up and give me a disk error when trying to format. We tried the cards out in one of our other photographer's Canon 7D's and had no issues.
    I had just gotten both E-3's back from OGPS about a week and a half ago, with clean bills of health.
    Puzzling......very puzzling......

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Default Re: Anyone having CF card issues with the E-3?

It's probably not this, but were your Sandisk cards purchased from reliable sources, not ebay? There are many poor quality counterfeit Sandisk cards out there, so always make sure you purchase them from well known reliable sources.

Marc

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Since they were purchased from eBay, although with the caveat that the seller had a very high rating with only one negative, I am inclined to agree with you.
    Wouldn't it make sense that it not work with anything, if it were indeed a counterfeit? Oh well, live and learn.
    I have been on eBay for many years, and this is the first time I've had an issue. I guess I've been lucky.
    Now that the last remaining retailer in Rome, GA has decided not to carry any CF cards with a rating higher than the Ultras, we've been force to purchase on-line. I'll just be a little more savvy with whom!

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Hello

i am sorry to hear bout u r wrong deal, i hope u must have posted a bad -ve feedback for the seller

here check this link from ebay hope this helsp

http://reviews.ebay.com/F?ugid=10000000001456539

i had to search hundreds of ebay sellers to finally get a original cf card for less

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks! I have eBay shutting him down now, and have put in for a dispute claim.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

but the cards worked in another camera? I know there are a lot of counterfeits on ebay, but some are selling genuine, there is a link somewhere that shows the difference, but even the counterfeits are usually a cheaper brand relabeled as sandisk, but they should work non the less, just not as fast... do any cards work in your camera?
    OMD EM-1, m12-50MM, OLY 12-60MM, OLY 50MM macro, EC-14, Nikon D7200 and D7100, Nikon 300MM F4 PF Nikon 1.4X II Nikon 80-400MM AF-S- G, Sigma 150-600MM C, Sigma 17-50MM
    Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimusny/

Thanks
    Feedback Score

I have purchased a lot of camera equipment from e-bay. I ALWAYS make sure that the seller is an authorized dealer of the product I am buying. If not, and they say it is new or never used, I will ask them does it come with an American warranty, if not leave it alone most likely it is counterfeit. I to have had to learn the hard way many times. With used you take your chances....
    As far as Sandisk, I will never buy from them again. Had a 16gb III that none of my Oly's would see. I tried it in my friends Nikon and the same thing. The receipt was misplaced, so I could not return it. I emailed Sandisk explaining the issue and Never heard a word from them. After 4 weeks, I emailed again and still no response. The third email explained how they just lost a customer. I really expected no replacement, just wanted to know of any issue's with the cards. I use Lexar and have never had any problems. It all falls back to one thing, personnal preference.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The seller happily refunded my money straight away, as they were re-badged cards. The page from eBay shows some easily identifiable items; like the square instead of round top corners of the metal where the label fits.
    I had been finding it harder to find the 4gb Extreme IV cards, since everyone is now making the 8gb as the smallest ultra high speed cards. Since I like to burn DVD's (1 card = 1 disk) and have no problem swapping cards, I wanted to keep it that way.
    Oh well, guess I'll just start archiving everything on 4tb mirrored drives like we do with our working files!

In answer to the question of any of my E-3's reading cards; yes, they are working fine! (good time to put in a plug for the awesome tech folks at Olympus! Thanks for taking such good care of us!)

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by StanFoxworthy View Post
    The seller happily refunded my money straight away, as they were re-badged cards. The page from eBay shows some easily identifiable items; like the square instead of round top corners of the metal where the label fits.
    I had been finding it harder to find the 4gb Extreme IV cards, since everyone is now making the 8gb as the smallest ultra high speed cards. Since I like to burn DVD's (1 card = 1 disk) and have no problem swapping cards, I wanted to keep it that way.
    Oh well, guess I'll just start archiving everything on 4tb mirrored drives like we do with our working files!

In answer to the question of any of my E-3's reading cards; yes, they are working fine! (good time to put in a plug for the awesome tech folks at Olympus! Thanks for taking such good care of us!)
    Good work! I'm amased you got your money back from a counterfeit seller that was about to be shut down.

I agree that local Oly people are great. However, those paranoid head office mignons are something else.
    E-M1, 12-40mm PRO, 60mm macro, MMF-3
    E-450, 50-200mm SWD, 25mm f2.8, EC-14
    FL-50R

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by fullstrutt View Post
    As far as Sandisk, I will never buy from them again. Had a 16gb III that none of my Oly's would see.
    AFAIK no Oly camera can see a 16GB card nor most Nikons maybe some of the pro stuff can? sid

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sid View Post
    AFAIK no Oly camera can see a 16GB card nor most Nikons maybe some of the pro stuff can? sid
    I used a 16G in my 510, worked fine. I use it in my E30 with no issues either. Both cameras saw all of the card.

The 16G card I am using is also a knock off brand of RiData. I've also used PQI's with no troubles. It's just flash ROM. The only Sandisk card I have is the one that came with my E300. It's a whopping 1G card. Every once in awhile I see it in the bottom of the drawer.
    Good People Drink Good Beer - Hunter S. Thompson

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

As a footnote; I had one of my "real" 4gb Extreme III cards go wonky on me, and in less than two weeks, SanDisk gave me great customer service and had a new replacement at the studio!
    Maybe it's from all that good karma built up over the years, but I do appreciate when companies follow through and back it up this way!

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I had the same thing with two Extreme lll 4GB cards in my E-30. The cards were heating up and showing full when they only had a few images in them. They work perfectly on my E-520. I called Olympus and my E-30 has been sent in for repairs under warranty now. It should be back next week.
    DonR -
    Everything is now sold.
    E-30-ME-1/9-18/14-54mkI/40-150mkII/50-200 SWD/70-300/Sigma 50-500/50 f2/EC-14/EX-25/Leica V-LUX 1/TCON 17/Raynox 6600 Pro/FL 50/ Panny DMC-ZS5
    Images at http://donr.zenfolio.com/