Thread: The new tower

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    Real Name
    Tom

Default The new tower

In the county of Østfold, they have erected a observation tower which is for the public. You can take the stairs or a a lift to the top where you get a great view of the surrounding areas.

This tower is 30 meters and built in concrete, rusty steel plates, glass and wood! Next to it is a courtyard which is partially surrounded by a wall, also clad in rusty steel plates. On the inside of the wall, are illustrations (cut out by laser, I guess) that shows the history of the region from 8000 BC till today. In the court-yard, there are other installations.

The first four pictures are taken with the E-620 + ZD 9-18mm, the last two with Canon EOS 30D + Sigma 50m mf/1.4 (sorry for the indiscretion )
    flickr | "God made the integers; all else is the work of man" - Leopold Kronecker

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Re: The new tower

The Oly did a better job!! What do the people of Østfold think of it? Have they started calling it anything yet?

Thanks
    Feedback Score

saw these on your flickr site......I really like your view point; nicely composed.......thanks for sharing......

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    Real Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Halfa View Post
    The Oly did a better job!!
    My thoughts exactly ... I used both cameras all day - shot about 170 photos with each camera. The Oly delivered more punchy colours and metered better.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfa View Post
    What do the people of Østfold think of it? Have they started calling it anything yet?
    There is a lot of head-shaking going on as many don't really get it ... I loved it.

The name is Solbergtårnet (Tower of Solberg - the place where it is situated). Haven't heard of a nickname yet.
    flickr | "God made the integers; all else is the work of man" - Leopold Kronecker

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    Real Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by rsoud View Post
    saw these on your flickr site......I really like your view point; nicely composed.......thanks for sharing......
    Thanks for looking.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I can understand the head-shaking, but I love it too! Very nice concept, and the (salvaged?) iron plates are really cool.
    Nate

"There's only one rule in photography - never develop colour film in chicken noodle soup." - Freeman Patterson

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    Real Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwing View Post
    I can understand the head-shaking, but I love it too! Very nice concept, and the (salvaged?) iron plates are really cool.
    Good. Then I am not alone I suspect it will be very popular with the photographers.