Thread: Communicating #7

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Communicating #7

Olympus E-1 + Konica 40mm f/1.8
    ISO 400 @ f/1.8 @ 1/80 second

thanks for looking, comments appreciated.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default I like this.

This is one that I think you have done a really fine job with in a scene that likely would be ignored by everybody.

Everything in the composition has purpose. There is visual transition from top to bottom in distinct movements. I first looked at the image and wanted to see inside the window. Then I was drawn to the top which self defined the type of commercial setting. Then I came back and noticed the kid outside left at the table. What is he holding? Probably his cell phone...And then...back to the window...Now I want to know what the person on the inside left is doing. They're concentrating on a screen...but what kind of screen? And then I look to the right and see more people.

Each person seems intently focused on something, but each in their own world. Because there is limited detail everywhere with so many separate elements of interest, your eyes keep moving to and from different areas.

I can only read a few lines on the menu through the window, but that doesn't bother me. It fits entirely with the air of muddled activity throughout the scene.

This image has nothing to do with a great lens with low chromatic aberration or high resolution or whatever. Dynamic range plays a kind of role, but not much. This is all about the art of seeing.

Way to be vigilant about looking for the interesting in a common setting and then deciding how to compose the scene.

Dan
    E-P1, Zuiko M14-42, Zuiko 17mm, E-3, Zuiko 14-35 f2 SHG, Zuiko 35-100 f2 SHG, 14-54 f2.8-3.5 Ver I, ThinkTank Photo Urban Disguise 40, ThinkTank Photo Urban Disguise 60, more bags...bags...bags...sheesh, where is a good twelve step program for people with too many bags?
    http://www.portlandphotographic.com

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Default Re: I like this.

Godfrey, do people in SJ actually talk to each other as a means of communication? Not a judgment. Just commenting because this series strikes me as so different from life around here.
    February Photos
    March photos

Comments/criticisms are just my personal opinion and are meant to be constructive. Please feel free to do the same for me.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Delphititan View Post
    This is one that I think you have done a really fine job with in a scene that likely would be ignored by everybody...
    Thank you, Dan!

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    Godfrey, do people in SJ actually talk to each other as a means of communication? Not a judgment. Just commenting because this series strikes me as so different from life around here.
    Making that query based on my project, which very selectively pulls particular scenes together from a conceptual theme, doesn't make any sense. I don't know what you perceive as the "life around here" that you refer to to make any response to that.

Your query says something about how you perceive these photos, how they relate to your perceptions. How can your query be anything other than a judgment based on comparing your two perceptions?

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Thumbs up Re: Communicating #7

G, 1 out of 4 made eye contact ROY STATION is a very nice addition to your series ! cheers pete
    Available on iPad and iPhone devices in the Ibook store app
    My Book
    Funny things birds do!
    By Peter Agostini