Thread: Bodyboarding blog

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default Bodyboarding blog

Hey people, just wanted to let people know about an interesting new blog project I'm working on.

Boogieland is a blog dedicated to the Tasmanian bodyboarding scene. Tassie is only a small place, but it's perfect for bodyboarding and the quality of riding and photography that has emerged over the last few years is quite amazing... We're just emerging onto the pro scene and there's a group of kids, such as riders Cam Green, Nick Nairn-Smith and Charlie Ward, and photographers/videographers Mat Tildsley, Simon Treweek and Nic Green, who are beginning to get sponsor attention and magazine spreads.

So the idea is for the blog to provide a canvas for community exposure - both for established players and the young kids trying to get noticed. It will focus on linking to other people's work, rather than hosting work itself and to avoid it becoming a tool for my own self-promotion, I won't be posting much, if any of my own shots

So please, if you're into bodyboarding or surfing in general, check it out. If you like it show your appreciation to the people that matter and check out the contributors' own sites!
    Panasonic GH2, Panasonic 7-14/f4 ASPH, Panasonic 14/f2.5 ASPH, Panasonic 20/f1.7 ASPH, Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95, Olympus m.ZD 40-150 MSC.
    Pentax LX, SMC Pentax-K 24/f2.8, SMC Pentax-M 50/f1.4, Fotodiox PK-m43 adapter
    Flickr
    500px

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Re: Bodyboarding blog

Some wonderful photos there Nick. Would love to get to Shipstern one day Best of luck with the blog, it should be well received by the body boarding fraternity in Tassie. The GH2 should provide some nice video, I am very tempted to get one as the dollar is so high at the moment, only the 'out of stock' situation is saving me. Have you shot much video with yours yet?
    Squirrels? You guys have everything down there!

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default Re: Bodyboarding blog

Thanks Gilly! I've been shooting quite a bit of video with the GH2, mainly using my older Pentax lenses - the smoother manual focus is amazing for video! I'm still very much a novice with editing though so I don't have anything post-worthy yet...

Squirrels is a wave, as are Gumboots and Dave's Place
    Panasonic GH2, Panasonic 7-14/f4 ASPH, Panasonic 14/f2.5 ASPH, Panasonic 20/f1.7 ASPH, Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95, Olympus m.ZD 40-150 MSC.
    Pentax LX, SMC Pentax-K 24/f2.8, SMC Pentax-M 50/f1.4, Fotodiox PK-m43 adapter
    Flickr
    500px