Thread: Lumix GH2

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Default Lumix GH2

Some may be interested in my blog post about shooting opera with the Lumix GH2. You can read it at http://wp.me/pT0pm-4t.

Gerry

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default Re: Lumix GH2

Thanks for sharing your blog. Nice pics even with the challenging circumstances and high ISO.

Kim
    E-30, E-510 (x's 2), 11-22, 14-42, 40-150, 14-54 (x's 2), 50, 70-300, Sigma 30, FL-50 (x's 2)

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

I used my GH2 to photograph a middle school play. I used the 45/2.8 lens because I was sitting in the front row. I ended up going to ISO 3200 because the lighting was done by students and was very inconsistent. I was so pleased with my results, that you may have noticed my 4/3s sell-off of lenses!

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Interesting, thanks for sharing! I'm getting more and more tempted to switch from Aperture to Lightroom for the GH2...
    Panasonic GH2, Panasonic 7-14/f4 ASPH, Panasonic 14/f2.5 ASPH, Panasonic 20/f1.7 ASPH, Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95, Olympus m.ZD 40-150 MSC.
    Pentax LX, SMC Pentax-K 24/f2.8, SMC Pentax-M 50/f1.4, Fotodiox PK-m43 adapter
    Flickr
    500px

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by nickthetasmaniac View Post
    I'm getting more and more tempted to switch from Aperture to Lightroom for the GH2...
    As an image editing program I prefer the results from Aperture, but Lightroom does so much more and the noise correction is really good. For colour adjustment I just find that Aperture gives superior results, and it is much simpler to get it right. Nine times out of ten I just go 'auto' the whole way down and it is damn near spot on. I am just praying for Aperture 4 to appear. Apple normally make a good job of it when they upgrade, but it has been a long wait to get a few more of the features of Lightroom.

These are just my opinions with no evidence to back it up, I just know what I see.

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gwpics View Post
    For colour adjustment I just find that Aperture gives superior results, and it is much simpler to get it right.
    Really? I'm still having huge colour-caste issues with Aperture 3 and GH2 RAW files... (yes, I have the latest update).
    Panasonic GH2, Panasonic 7-14/f4 ASPH, Panasonic 14/f2.5 ASPH, Panasonic 20/f1.7 ASPH, Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95, Olympus m.ZD 40-150 MSC.
    Flickr
    500px

Thanks
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by nickthetasmaniac View Post
    I'm still having huge colour-caste issues with Aperture 3 and GH2 RAW files... (yes, I have the latest update).
    I am assuming you have calibrated the screen (not that Macs are generally that far off). I have no problem at all. Maybe I am just lucky either at the camera end or the computer end.

Gerry

Thanks
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gwpics View Post
    I am assuming you have calibrated the screen (not that Macs are generally that far off). I have no problem at all. Maybe I am just lucky either at the camera end or the computer end.

Gerry
    Hmmm... I've searched quite a lot about this and it seems to be an Apple problem. They claimed to have fixed it with an upgrade but the problem is still there for me. I've tried uploading through the supplied SilkyPix software and the results are perfect (although the interface is a nightmare), and I also tried a free trial of Lightroom with similar results.

Aperture on the other hand has a significant red caste in the shadows which is impossibly to remove consistently with the white balance sliders. Adjusting the red channel in levels can get results but it's very fiddly :/
    Flickr
    500px